[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>report states XLNX received $15bil buyout offer (~$59/share)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: xlnx q.png (7 KB, 898x42) Image search: [Google]
xlnx q.png
7 KB, 898x42
>report states XLNX received $15bil buyout offer (~$59/share)
>some expect a bidding war

I bought ~$2k in call options a month ago averaging out to .1412 per contract at strike of 55 in Sept. After last two days bid/ask is .41/.79 with last trade at .65 which puts value at ~$9,400.

My friend thinks I'm crazy for not recouping my original investment at the least and strongly urges I cash out. Bid of $15bil would be $59/share and make my opts contracts worth ~$56k, with an additional $58k for each billion over $15bil. Recouping initial investment and freerolling with the rest would reduce max return by 20%. What would you do?
>>
Stay in, unless the 2k is gonna really bother you
>>
>>1266703
If the offer is legit, hold it.

however, don't get caught up with the numbers.

let the market decide how much the contracts will be worth, because likely you won't see that 56k before they expire.
>>
>>1266718
This is true. OP I would set a mental trailing stop on how much profit you're willing to lose because the IV spike might fade before the price reacts much more
>>
>>1266718
If XLNX issues a statement in the near future stating they recieved a $15bil bid and are evaulating, you don't think the stock would surge to at least the mid 50's?
>>
File: mrgann3.jpg (10 KB, 155x245) Image search: [Google]
mrgann3.jpg
10 KB, 155x245
>>1266703

What if the shit hits the fan, OP? The bid/ask isn't tight which tells you that there is some hesitancy based on something you don't know. A 38 cent spread suggests a 6 cent standard deviation in volatility. Thus you could most likely sell some of your calls at 47 cents max prior to any news. No news and you're back to 14 in the blink of an eye.

Rich people will always tell you they sold stocks and options "too soon".

Good luck!
>>
>>1266824
>Rich people will always tell you they sold stocks and options "too soon"

Thanks for that; gives me some perspective.

I invested the $2k assuming I was most likely going to lose most or all of it (so really I gambled it, but I'm ok with that) so I don't want to pull the trigger just yet, but after your perspective I will probably dump earlier than I had previously planned.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.