[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >read through job applications today >all pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1414717635619.png (92 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1414717635619.png
92 KB, 250x238
>be me
>read through job applications today
>all pretty average some good ones
>one guy sends it in on the last day we're accepting
>ok let's see
>5 pages CV
>first sentence is "congratulations you found your new employe" (Including the spelling mistake)
>first page is just about soft skills with a head shot of his running through half the page
>CV that does barely fir the job description
>last two pages are about totally unrelated bullshit
>mfw

This was my first time having to look through CVs but holy shit why do people like this exist? I thought those CV cringe threads on /biz/ were fake but I might be wrong
>>
>>1265902
Why are you so mean OP?
>>
I once quoted Arnold's "feels like cumming" bit from Pumping iron on a bunch of applications to see if someone would give me interview with absurd shit.

Got one at world gym for selling personal training and shit.

Dumb ass was talking about how he wanted a "seasoned sales veteran" who knew how to sell already.

What's the commission?
There isn't one. Its a flat $17/h
Explain to me why any "veteran" would take a job that pays that little without a commission, seriously what are you expecting?
"muh room for growth tho"
>>
>more than one page
>photo

Into the trash it goes...
>>
>>1265943
Free membership included??
>room to grow
>room to make gains
>he was unimpressed by your pump
>dyel
>>
>>1265943
>Explain to me why any "veteran" would take a job that pays that little without a commission, seriously what are you expecting?

>$17/hr flat
>For a fucking gym job

It's not bad at all
>>
>>1265902
"Employe" is a legally accepted spelling, ass.
>>
>>1265902
>be me

thank you for making that distinction. i see the potential confusion of anons when they believe the story may be about themselves or observing others.

desu, i was a little bit confused myself. i thought it was me-me that was reading the CVs. instead it was you-me. got me?
>>
>>1265902
HR here
This is your first time, from here onwards you´ll get about 5 bad for 1 good CV; in time, you get used and show all bad CVs to your friends and laugh at them.
Feels good when you spot a good candidate, it´s like finding a gold nugget in a pile of rocks.
>>
I had to help our manager to go through resumes one day.

Literally hundreds on resumes that just go straight into the trash.

If you have proper formatting, grammar, and spelling, then congrats, you've beat it the majority of applicants

My favorite was all the single moms putting "single mother" as work experience.
>>
>>1267603
lol dat multitasking though
>>
>>1267603
Welcome to the jungle, your eyes start hurting after some time, and your faith in humanity starts dropping like a stone in a lake.
Formatting, grammar and spelling mistakes will frequently turn you into a grammar nazi, and that is not even getting into how many people apply for positions they don´t have the minimal knowledge about.
Still, love this job.
>>
>>1267617
I tried singing this to guns n roses
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.