[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I show up in a short sleeve shirt to a job interview? Going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 0k4y.png (119 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
0k4y.png
119 KB, 600x429
Can I show up in a short sleeve shirt to a job interview?
Going tomorrow and summer is pretty fucking hot so I don't want to go full business shirt and tie in this heat.
But on the other hand showing up in shorts and short sleeves may not be the best idea either.

It's an municipal engineering job at a town 1-2 hours away.
>>
>>1265674
no worries, just don't be retarded.
>>
>>1265690
Fuck.
>>
>>1265701
i'm serious a guy can come in in a suit and be a total tool trying hard to play it cool and project self confidence or an other come in t-shirt and be perfectly normal and talk intelligently it's not a hard choice which to hire.
>>
>>1265674
Hell no.
>>
>>1265674
the fact you're questioning this on 4chan should give you some red flags.
>>
>>1265745
i guess it depends on the company.
i went to all my interviews in t-shirt and knee pants or jeans.
rationale was, if they don't like it the company is not for me.
if it's a bigger company with dress code and you really want that job then this strategy might not be for you.
>>
i recommend long sleeve shirt no tie, assuming your pants/shoes are on point.
>>
>>1265674
Wear whatever heading to the interview, change when you arrive
>>
>>1265674
>Can I show up in a short sleeve shirt to a job interview?

I wear you standard short sleeve polo/khackis to interviews all the time... then again, I'm a programmer so they don't really care how i look
>>
>>1265674

It really depends on the company, position, and the short sleeved shirt in question.

Just make sure it's a short sleeved dress shirt, or a buttondown with a subdued pattern (no massive, bright, wide-spaced plaid), and make sure to tuck it in and wear a belt.
>>
File: iwantthisshirt.jpg (47 KB, 395x436) Image search: [Google]
iwantthisshirt.jpg
47 KB, 395x436
>>1265844
it would be a win tho if you showed up in this shirt
>>
>its a its 2016 and i must dress like im in mad men episode
>>
>>1265844
>sure to tuck it in and wear a belt
never tuck a t-shirt tho that is like the lamest thing one can ever witness. i had a colleague who did that shit i just couldn't get used to it.
>>
>>1265674
so have the undershirt and tie / suit jacket on a hanger and put them on in the bathroom before you go in asshole
>>
>>1265848
That's a bitchin' shirt.
>>
braid your ponytail and bun extra tight bruh
>>
>>1265981
i would auto hire any dude that shows up in it.
>>
>>1266052
No one wants a job at your adult video store, we have the Internet.
>>
>>1266075
we hire software devs and engineers tho.
i'm guessing you have no idea what shirt is that.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.