[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Temp employee at a company, take a test get a contract for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: employment-termination.jpg (262 KB, 664x442) Image search: [Google]
employment-termination.jpg
262 KB, 664x442
Temp employee at a company, take a test get a contract for the job I've been doing for the last six Months, fail the test. Four months later I get walked out of the building because I failed the test and therefore not qualified to do a job I had been doing for 10 months?
To get the job as a temp I had to pass a test at the temp agency and they placed me at this Job.
>Any advice appreciated
>>
If you're on contract as a temp there is no recourse, even if you aren't in an at-will state.

Just move on, shit in your boss's BMW, and fuck his wife.
>>
>>1264466
WTF really...what if the company I work for OWNS this temp agency.
Thank you for info.
>>
>>1264471
... that's more interesting. Still most likely nothing unless you have some inside concrete evidence of the company somehow exploiting labor or tax laws by routing temp hires through their own agency, or having fucked over multiple people this way. So... not likely. If you had such info you'd have opened with it.

You still failed "the test" which is cause, which isn't even needed as a temp but still solid CYA.

Ask to re-test to get whatever internal certification you need on your record. Then shit in your boss's BMW and fuck his wife.
>>
>>1264471
I have one question for you:
Do you, individually, work under a contract? I guess not.

Ergo, you can be terminated for any reason, no reason, or even a false reason just as long as it is not because of age, race, creed, national origin, gender, disability, or veteran status(God I hate that last one).

So yeah, enjoy your shitty at-will employment, scab. :^)
>>
File: wrongful_dismissal.jpg (340 KB, 1200x795) Image search: [Google]
wrongful_dismissal.jpg
340 KB, 1200x795
>>1264581
>English is not first language -Asian
Another temp quit because he could not do the work (material handling) but came back as a general assembler. This was an option was not given to this temp.
Again thank you for info.
>Company is largest employer in this area ,so owning a temp agency is a good way to shave sheckles,.
>>
>>1264604
>Fucking hell,
They have surveys that they give, these are available in diff languages, if this test had the same option might have turned out diff.

Have a job offer but it's a bit of a distance away.
>>
File: Dismissal.jpg (9 KB, 416x278) Image search: [Google]
Dismissal.jpg
9 KB, 416x278
>>1264466
>>1264604
>Full disclosure - This someone I know not me but I had worked with them in the past for the same company but at another facility, also turns out that my country has no at will law.

>Thank you for all the input and nasty comments (ya don't get nothing for free on /4/)

At-will employment—as it is known in the U.S.—is effectively barred by Canadian employment laws.

I have $5 grand that I want to use to help him, looking at law firms now.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.