[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
total stock noob
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: scon.png (26 KB, 819x486) Image search: [Google]
scon.png
26 KB, 819x486
DISCLAIMER: I'm a fucking dunce when it comes to these things so don't expect me to know what I'm talking about at all.

So I have robinhood, and I check yahoo finance, but I'm just a student with very little extra money to invest in stock (most would say not enough to even bother) and I'm honestly very ignorant to the market itself. Anyway, I was checking my watchlist this morning before the market opened and saw that SCON was trading for .190 this morning and thought about throwing like $100 into it just for shigs, and I see now that it got up to .270. So I have 2 things I want to ask you, /biz/

1. that's a 40% increase, so if I had bought $100 at .190 and sold at .270 using robinhood would I now have $140? (As I said, I'm a noob. I've never traded, and still not so sure about how RH works)

2. Did I fuck up by not buying this this morning? (I know I know, $40 isn't much to some, but hey it's gas money and food for me) It seems to me that maybe it bottomed out and is on the up and up, but I know that the higher it gets the less I could profit with only a few hundred bucks worth.. I mean a 40% increase from .270 is much less likely than a 40% increase from .190 right?
>>
>>1264205
Bump
>>
>>1264205
don't start with pennies fuckboy. 100% capital risk with a ton of volatility.

Don't invest in things you don't understand.

Get ye to tastytrade and fucking stack money
>>
>>1264226
well thank you kind sir.
>>
>>1264205
1.yes
2.no
>>
>>1264240
No as in I didn't fuck up and I could still buy, or no as in I didn't fuck up because I shouldn't buy it?
>>
>>1264272

no as you didn't fucked up. penny stock is in general a death trap.
you can have a few penny stocks in your watch list because you have reasons to do so, once the news/permit... you have been looking for gets out, you can with limited risks invest in a penny stock. other than that it's just fancy gambling.
never ask yourself if you should buy a stock, in theory you should buy them fucking all (trackers, duh), ask yourself why you should not, once the risk evaluated, decision making time
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.