[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Menards? CEO is a fucking hardass.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Menards-Store-Front.jpg (34 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
Menards-Store-Front.jpg
34 KB, 500x294
What are your thoughts on Menards? CEO is a fucking hardass.
>known to visit places and fire people on the spot if they don't appear to be working
>makes suppliers beg to be on store shelves
>corners the market in small to midsize cities to force plebs to either buy from them or drive long distance to a competitor
>private
>will shit on managers in order to maintain clean stores and precise work times
>>
Your are not being forced to work for him. So yeah, he should do what he wants. It's a free market. If people disapprove of his ways, then they wil stop buying/working for him. Is he a douche? Yeah. But how does he corner the market exactly?
>>
>>1263776
Mad respect for the guy
>>
>>1263776

So open your own store and offer slightly better wages and friendly management. His employees will flock to you and he'll get stuck with untrained people who couldn't get any other job.

Or just go back to schooling or trade school so you don't have to work an awful job.
>>
>>1263776
Ok so the fire people on the spot and the supplier thing is somewhat bad and could easily backfire, the other two is just being good at business.
>>
>>1263823
never intended to seem mad or shit on the company

Just interested in how it's run and what /biz/ thinks about it
>>
>>1263776

Lived in a small Midwest city for a year now and never had to step foot in there.
>>
The logo looks stupid and so do the flags at the top of the building. It all looks 20 years out of date.
>>
The name is gay, reminds me if a combination of manure and retards but I actually like the store and its cheap prices.
>>
File: 1397830687072.jpg (63 KB, 251x375) Image search: [Google]
1397830687072.jpg
63 KB, 251x375
>>1263776

Sounds like a good guy to me

Post this on Plebbit if you want support, over here we use a thing called common sense.
>>
It's way fucking better that Home depot or Lowe's. Better selection of pretty much everything and usually better prices.

They also have a pretty innovative app. I can walk around the outdoor lumber yard buying shit on my smartphone and schedule pickup. I show up at the dock, they scan my phone, and my order get magically ( by mexicans) loaded into my truck.

I'm about that Mernards life.
>>
File: 2237880-ray.jpg (38 KB, 490x353) Image search: [Google]
2237880-ray.jpg
38 KB, 490x353
Also this fucking guy
>>
File: Paul Menard.png (432 KB, 600x355) Image search: [Google]
Paul Menard.png
432 KB, 600x355
>>1265576
Menards is nicer than Home Depot or Lowes.

If they ever expand into the south where Home Depot and Lowes have a huge foothold, Home Depot and Lowes will be out of business.
>>
Everyone I talk to agrees their lumber sucks.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.