[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Banks & Crash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: bank.jpg (183 KB, 423x284) Image search: [Google]
bank.jpg
183 KB, 423x284
I have over $1m in cash, split among 5 major banks in Australia.

I'm essentially waiting until the economy collapses, then i'm going to throw it all into stocks and property.

However, I'm a little concerned about what happens when the economy collapses. I fear that my money will be inaccessible, and be eaten by the banks in a bail in.

I am currently also holding a diversified stock portfolio, precious metals and some cryptos.

Would appreciate any advice on what I should do with my cash, if anything, to ensure that i'm able to use it to profit during the crash.
>>
>>1263287
Cash in a vault would be the best bet, of course. Other than the danger someone could steal it obviously.
>>
May I ask how you plan to predict which stocks and properties will reboot?
>>
>>1263287

Look at what happened in greece. You wont be able to get your money during a bail in. If aus is anything like the us with the FDIC, banking deposit insurance will only cover the tiniest local banks default. No one can insure for a bank run on a national scale, which is what is what would happen in a serious crash
>>
>>1263621
Yeah, Australia has similar;
http://www.guaranteescheme.gov.au/

I was reading about it recently, and if i recall, the government will only give $20b to each bank to cover deposits, which does not sound like it would cover much...

What would you recommend doing with the cash?

>>1263366
Hmmmm..... I feel pretty uneasy about this, but perhaps i should keep a few hundred thousand in cash....

>>1263374
I'll likely let me financial advisers do this, but there's some sure-fire bets, like Google.
>>
>>1263287
If the economy collapses to the point where the banks aren't honoring withdraws your paper money is going to be worthless no matter what coffee can you have it hidden in.

Invest in bullets and gasoline.
>>
>>1264524
Fortunately i don't live in 'murica.
Bullets are not needed.
>>
>>126452
>Fortunately

>Unfortunately

Ftfy
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.