[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
investment banks pre and post 2008 has anything really changed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 7696.jpg (55 KB, 297x350) Image search: [Google]
7696.jpg
55 KB, 297x350
investment banks pre and post 2008

has anything really changed? is investment banking now any different?

companies like goldman sachs, anything to prevent them from fucking people over again? they paid 5.6b or something for their involvement in the mortgage shit.
>>
nobody wants to share their insight?
>>
Of course nothing notable has changed.

I don't want to sound egdy but I'm slowly converting my savings into Ethereum.

Interest on my savings account is 0.6% now, and the government still pretends like it is 4% so the capital tax I have to pay each year is bullshit.
>>
>>1261616
>don't want to sound egdy but I'm slowly converting my savings into Ethereum.
Ahahahahahahaha. Holy shit.
>>
File: 149tez.jpg (95 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
149tez.jpg
95 KB, 750x500
>>1261531
The only thing that has really changed is that IBs have greater difficulty operating a prop trading desk.

They can still originate gluten free symbiotic alpha porting securities tranched in ways to securitize bundled crypto investments hedged with real estate and chip warmer debt-backed derivatives. Trillions of dollars worth, too.
>>
>>1261703
so goldman is still pulling the same shit like before? nothings changed?
>>
>>1261616
it is pretty funny you have to report interest gains from savings accounts. i was a bit confused, i remember calling up my bank and asking why i havent received the form theyre supposed to send out.
>well anon, we only send it out if you earn over $10/year on interest

i think i net'd like $2 or so. it's so damn silly
>>
>>1261531
>companies like goldman sachs, anything to prevent them from fucking people over again?
>hurr durr inbestment bankz are ebil and intentionally screwed everyone over. The financial crisis was ENTIRELY their fault
>>
>>1261891
Just read a fucking article or an essay from a reputable news source about the subject rather than consulting /biz/; of course, you don't care about the answer, you just want to see this shithole's reaction
>>
>>1261952
sarcasm aside, a good portion of blame belongs on the fucking idiots who bought houses they couldn't afford. To be fair, they got their asses handed to them.
>>
>>1262012
>>1261952
>government forces banks to make loans to shit-tier people because otherwise they'll get spanked for not promoting housing opportunity
>someone figures out how to hide these shit loans in bundles with other loans
>banks build and trade these bundles out of a combination of greed and ignorance
>rating agencies aren't looking because they're actually beholden to the banks
Nobody is innocent. The government was wrong to push banks into subprime loans, people taking the loans were wrong, then banks tried to pass that hot potato around while their regulators did nothing.
>>
>>1261955
you got an article then? i found nothing interesting, and the only ones relevant are from financial times which i can not afford at this point in time.
>>
>>1262025
agreed
>>
>>1261952
nobody said it was their fault alone, but it wouldnt have happened without the investment banks
>>
niggas need more capital now
>>
>>1261531

The regulations on whom can be given a home loan have changed, and the regulations on mortgage backed securities have changed.

So yeah stuff changed.

I'm actually a little pissed about it though. I would like to buy a home currently, but don't qualify for a mortgage since I am self employed for less than 3 years. Its fucking bullshit though my cash flow is solid.
>>
>>1262012

>Blaming the poor and uneducated for being poor and uneducated
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.