[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Small Business Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1463841977547.jpg (105 KB, 538x472) Image search: [Google]
1463841977547.jpg
105 KB, 538x472
I'm bored. Any of you non-15 year olds want to share stories of your small businesses?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>1260201
K N E E P A D S
N
E
E
P
A
D
S
>>
>>1260201
>net worth
€186m
>yearly turnover
€1.2m
>yearly net profit
€400k
>location
[spoiler]my head[/spoiler]
>>
Dunno man, im worried all my posts are catalogued and somehow will come back to haunt me so im not going to talk about my life any more on 4chan
>>
B-bump
>>
>>1260491
B-b-boomp
>>
>>1260201

> Started 9 months ago
> Making $4k - $6k a month working alone
> Just hired my first employee

wish me luck.
>>
>>1261247
What is the business about?
>>
>>1260201

define "small business"
>>
>>1261249

>Small businesses are privately owned corporations, partnerships, or sole proprietorships that have fewer employees and/or less annual revenue than a regular-sized business or corporation. What businesses are defined as "small" in terms of being able to apply for government support and qualify for preferential tax policy varies depending on the country and industry. Small businesses range from fifteen employees under the Australian Fair Work Act 2009, fifteen employees according to the definition used by the European Union, and fewer than five hundred employees, to qualify for many U.S. Small Business Administration programs. Small businesses can also be classified according to other methods such as annual revenues, sales, assets, or net profits.

>Small businesses in many countries include service or retail operations such as convenience stores, small grocery stores, a bakery or delicatessen, hairdressers or tradespeople (carpenter), restaurants, guest houses, photographers, very small-scale manufacturing, and Internet-related businesses such as web design and computer programming. Some professionals operate as small businesses, such as lawyers, accountants, dentists and medical doctors (although these professionals can also work for large organizations or companies). Small businesses vary a great deal in terms of size, revenues and regulatory authorization, both within a country and from country to country. Some small businesses, such as a home accounting business, may only require a business license. On the other hand, other small businesses, such as day cares, are more heavily regulated, and may require inspection and certification from various government authorities.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_business
>>
>>1261248

I lay tile. I post here often so you prob seen my other shit.
>>
I want to start my own business of freelance translation. I have a language pair that I can work in, but I'm not fluent in one of the languages, and the market for it seems to be small.

Are there any translators here? What do you suggest I do? I know I need to git gud but what can I do to at least develop a portfolio?
>>
File: kek.jpg (34 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
34 KB, 500x357
>>1260201
Thought about operating a business when I was 21 with about 13,000AUD in capital but found out that I couldn't do much so I spent all of it on alcohol, weed and women.
>>
>>1260289
Heh, this to some degree.

Anyway, my business has a fair share of autistic and cheap customers. There's an event I go to every year where I only remember one year without any weirdos. The latest issue was a customer refusing to use a Square terminal because it charged sales tax. Instead, he thought it was reasonable for me to sign up for Paypal, on the spot, and accept a "gift" payment from his phone. To save six whole dollars. Yeah, no, I'm above board on my taxes so pay the tax on top with Square or pay it included in the cash price.
>>
B-b-b-bempup
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.