[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting share trading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: greece.jpg (29 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
greece.jpg
29 KB, 530x298
I want to get started in share trading. I have some disposable income per month that I really wouldn't miss, so I thought about putting it in promising shares.

I have absolutely no experience so far; most sites that want to tell you how to do it feel like scam.

So, I thought about that investing in companies that I trust and that have a strong market value would be best.. Do you have any tips for me to start out?

I also thought about investing in Greek banks, like the Piräus Bank or Alpha Bank, as their stocks are terribly low at the moment. What do you think, is it worth it?
>>
>>1260107
I'll be happy for any advice
even for "just spend money on booze" i guess
>>
>>1260107
Also, is penny-stock trading a good try? Can you really make money with it or is it a 0 to 0 business?

And: is there any way to safely trade with CFDs? Or can you always have a complete fuckup and get in debt?
>>
>>1260107
Anyone?
>>
>>1260107
Good Lord.
Most sites "telling you how to do it" are a scam, that is, if you believe their info will guarantee you profits.
Investing in "strong companies" is great, but it's just that, an investment; they don't make the best vehicles for trading.
Buying stocks because their prices are "terribly low" is a terrible idea. Many times, they're that low for a reason.
Penny stock trading is even worse than a scam.
>>
>>1260107
>I also thought about investing in Greek banks, like the Piräus Bank or Alpha Bank, as their stocks are terribly low at the moment.
Well if you have reasons to believe that these stock's will go up you can buy them.

You could buy some nice blue chips with dividends and hold them.

Or you can study technical analysis and swing trade, but it requires some skill and experience and you won't be able to start doing it right now.

Personally I don't like penny stocks. It feels like large amount of them are pump and dump schemes. You can make money on them, just ride the bull for a while, but don't be too greedy and exit in time without getting fucked up. Latest example is MGT, was labeled as the "Hottest Stock in America". Shot up for a week or so, then double topped on a daily chart interval and went down fast. There were guys who made good profit buying it at under 2$ and selling at 4$, there were guys who made a decent profit entering at 3 something and getting out at 4 something, there were losers who came to the party too late and lost money.
>>
Thanks for the advice so far.

>>1260334
>Many times, they're that low for a reason.
The ones are mentioned due to the financial crisis in Greece... My feeling is that the EU will pump enough money into their country, so eventually they could rise again by a lot. I could as well loose all I invest yes, but thats the risk

>>1260335
>You could buy some nice blue chips with dividends and hold them.
But most of them are quite expensive. I'd like to not put it all on one horse, because the loss would be too big if it falls extremely
>>
>>1260406
>are mentioned
*I mentioned are low
>>
>>1260107
Id recommend looking at spread betting maybe. In particular the forex market. Don't expect it'll be easy, do a lot of a research and you're right that the amount of scams out there are ridiculous.

The best advice I could give would be to learn about technical analysis but remember that psychology is probably 95% of everything. My strategy is heavily psychology based.

Also learn to be unemotional about money.

It's weird, if you start to make money consistently you'll realize it's quite easy but then nearly everyone like you loses money.
>>
>>1260406
>My feeling is that the EU will pump enough money into their country
Since I'm sure you understand that you're not the only one who has considered this, you have to ask yourself why is the stock still cheap?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.