[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me the pros and cons of using robinhood?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
26 KB, 300x300
Can someone explain to me the pros and cons of using robinhood?

I know its free but do you have restrictions that you don't have using a real broker? Will my actions take longer to process or will i have to wait hours for my trade to actually go through?
>>
>>1259875
Pro: It's free
Con: You don't get all the cool stuff the other guys have for a single mobile app.
>>
>>1259875
The biggest problem is using it to compete in a business where the serious players are using far more advanced tools. In addition, features of the market that maximize profit / minimize losses cost money, and RH can't pay for them with a free app, so you don't get them. The mistake many make is believing these features are inconsequential to trading successfully.
Great for gambling, but not a replacement for a brokerage, if you are an actual trader in securities.
>>
>>1259875
Read the reviews on the app. I wouldn't touch this shit with a ten foot pole.
>>
Pro: free trades
Con : they take all dividends
>>
>>1260033
No you get divided payments. Where did you hear that
>>
I love making lots of trades, being able to change my mind, soon it will be just as good as the "give handjob, recieve transactiin" dinosaurs like scott E and TD. Oh if i could only short...
>>
>>1260691
>Oh if I could only short
Your shitty app can't handle "complicated" transactions?
>>
What are the competitors of robinhood that are trust worth
>>
>>1260702
Robinhood doesn't have margin accounts so no they won't let you short ya dummy
>>
>>1260033
Nope I got paid my atvi dividend pretty recently
>>
>>1260968
>doesn't have margin accounts so no they won't let you short
Wait, is this true, it's all one direction?
What kind of trader would play by those rules?
>>
>>1261089
>>1260968
I still don't understand how robin hood actually makes money or is sustainable, they either have sell everyones information to some 3rd party company because they keep saying their eventual income will be from margin trading. Fuck RH
>>
>>1261171
From experience, if you try to buy before the market opens, they don't let you buy in until the price increases 10% on the market or something

Also, they of course get fees if you use limits and stops.

And from what I'm told, they invest your unsettled funds.
>>
>>1261199
Oh, and too add what I wrote

Them putting that "We only let you buy in when it increases 10% to protect you from volatility before the market opens" is only there, because they immediately mention you can bypass that by using a limit order, which they charge for.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.