[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bachelors in Business/HR from an accredited college >6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: cog-head.jpg (118 KB, 550x675) Image search: [Google]
cog-head.jpg
118 KB, 550x675
>Bachelors in Business/HR from an accredited college
>6 years in the construction industry doing labor of sorts
>I'm no tech head, but I know my way around a computer much better than most casual users.
>feel absolutely fucked

What can I even do with this /biz/? I enjoy mental and physically demanding jobs, but because of the latter I think I screwed myself over, because lately I've been trying to break into admin, but nobody wants to hire me because knowing how to weld, steel erection, and materials testing doesn't mean much of anything to a suit. I'm told my personality it great, but I lack the skills they want. I wouldn't mind taking a pay cut to start something that can go places, but man I don't think 10/hr will pay the bills, and I live by myself in what amounts to near ghetto.
>>
Become a construction foreman
>>
>>1258822

Seems like a complete waste of a degree doesn't it? Seems like all it takes to be a foreman is to just work construction for a long ass time until you get lucky.
>>
>>1258810
Human Resources major and experience in HR?

My company is hiring an HR manager if you don't mind living in Memphis, TN.
>>
>>1258837
I should add that the company I work for is a railroad. They probably appreciate someone like you.
>>
>>1258837

>experience in HR

Don't have that, because nobody wants to hire someone who doesn't have it. It's a fuck all weird circle. I just figured I need to do some sort of admin assistant job then get into things from there. Again though, I meet all the requirements companies post, but I've spent my time in the field, not in an office, so it makes me somewhat undesirable, regardless of how confident I feel about picking up admin style workload without slowing down.

Dallas Tx btw
>>
>>1258846
Get an basic HR job in big construction firms, man. They'd love you, I'm sure.

Look at contractors and stuff. Turner Industries comes to mind. You have a very unique position that can get you a bit further than you think.
>>
>>1258850

You know, I was actually looking into that today at lunch. Got caught up in other things and completely forgot, thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>1258828
Yeah and you can make $50+ an hour. I'd say its worth it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.