[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Working for Oracle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: oracle.jpg (40 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
oracle.jpg
40 KB, 600x450
I'll be joining a sales team in Oracle, have any of you worked for Oracle in the past or in any similar companies?
>>
>>1258797
i work with oracle
fuck you you cunt and your buggy overpriced shit
>>
>>1258797
>sales
>oracle

I hope you don't work on commission. If you do pray that you get into SAP
>>
>>1259344
I'm not on comission, it's a junior role
>>
>>1258797
what the fuck do you sell exactly tho?
oracle is a product that basically creates it's own demand and sells itself.
i wish fucks like you would get fired and we could get it cheap from an automated webshop.
>>
>>1258797
>>1258797
My co-worker did. Absolute bloodbath. He made bank. Moved on.

Hope you're bloodthirsty
>>
>>1259344
IS SAP going to fucking modernize sometime soon?
>>
>>1259684
no. Why would they as they have 0 competition. Nobody can afford to get into the market and the large companies that use them are extremely vendor locked. SAP replacement would mean you rip out purchasing, timesheets, ticketing (if you use it) and reporting all out at once. Then people build custom code for their company on top of this.
>>
>>1259563
They have competitors like SAP and IBM, who compete for the same customers. Also, the sales team need to inform the customers what they actually get.

You're an idiot.
>>
>>1259563
>i wish fucks like you would get fired and we could get it cheap from an automated webshop.

this tbqh

I have autism, and I do not understand why sales for things like B2B services and cars and shit still employs salesmen. Maybe it's a boomer thing but I would rather but a car direct from the manufacturer, with all the specs listed, financing automated by FICO score, through the internet.

Fuck salesmen
>>
>>1259850
what kind of bizarre world do you live in?
you think oracle and sap are like competitors or something?
you think the people who buy oracles care one bit about what it is capable of? they buy it when they have to when they buy a system that uses oracle. that's about it.
we basically sell a lot of oracles with our systems it's of course not a direct sale we just put the approximate price of the oracle license in the proposals then the client has to buy it.

but it's not like anyone wakes up one day and says hey i really want an oracle i think that would be great for my company.

most companies i know use at least 3-4 different databases let's say an SAP an Oracle and an MS-SQL and maybe a MySql for the webpage to service various branches and software.
>>
>>1259845
Microsoft is stealing a lot of their revenue tho they don't have to be too worried globally yet but half our client base uses navision or axapta instead of sap
>>
>>1259909
>navision
It's a weird competition between the cluster of all evil of a interface/user experience vs the notion that 90% of people can't get excel formulas to work and they just associate that will M$ financial everything..
>>
Oracle is literally scum of the earth...
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.