[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I suppose to fill out a personal allowance sheet? Filled out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 52709859.png (822 KB, 1275x1650) Image search: [Google]
52709859.png
822 KB, 1275x1650
Am I suppose to fill out a personal allowance sheet? Filled out my online tax sheet and their was a question, "fill out personal allowance sheet?" With a yes or a no. So I hit no and submitted it but now I'm freaking out because I feel like that was the wrong option
>>
>>1256927
Bump
>>
>>1256927
Bump
>>
>>1256927
hire a fucking lawyer i dont fucking know
>>
>>1257437
>lawyer
kek

Hire a CPA op
>>
This is why I went into accounting. Because people get so scared of filling out such a simple form. Hell half of the damn thing is name address and signature.
>>
>>1257461
I have a computer system that does your job. Enjoy the unemployment line in <10 years.
>>
>>1257470
I'm already unemployed, but not because of technology. Because I don't know anyone in the industry.
>>
>>1257476
Well now I feel bad. Try applying to financial services companies to work in their accounting departments. Not a lot of people apply to those positions as appose to audit companies.
>>
>>1257483
This week there have been like no accounting jobs posted in Pittsburgh unless they wanted tons of experience or were far away.
>>
>>1257490
It may be time to move, man. A change of scenery is good for the soul or some shit.
>>
>>1257497
Maybe after I finish the CPA.
>>
>>1257461
Then can u tell me what to do...
>>
If you're single and not making a ton of money out 1. If you are making a ton of money put 0. If you have kids and don't make a lot put 5 you filthy leach, if you make a lot and have kids out 3 and pray.

Source: CPA that doesn't do taxes
>>
>>1256927
What did you put on the allowances you are claiming (#5 on bottom half) then OP? The personal allowance sheet is just to help you figure out how many allowances you're entitled to. Claiming allowances will lower the amount of taxes the government takes out of your paycheck, but it can come back to bite you in the ass later in the form of owing taxes.
>>
>>1258951
>Claiming allowances will lower the amount of taxes the government takes out of your paycheck
The government doesn't take money put of your paycheck. You do, by giving permission to your employer to do it on your behalf. Your employer then pays the money, on your behalf, to the government as withholding tax.

Taxes are pay-as-you go. Taxes are NOT due on April 15, just your return. You must pay taxes AS YOU EARN MONEY. If you get a paycheck (weekly or biweekly) its simply convenient to pay your taxes at that time. If you prefer (or if you're self-employed) you have to pay your own taxes periodically, at least every quarter.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.