[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does Big 4 hire non-accounting majors? I've been thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: logos-big4-en-noticia.jpg (37 KB, 660x400) Image search: [Google]
logos-big4-en-noticia.jpg
37 KB, 660x400
Does Big 4 hire non-accounting majors? I've been thinking of majoring in Business admin with an emphasis in Finance but I would like to up my chances of getting hired. Should I just major in accounting and eventually go for a CPA or stick with Finance? I'm much more interested in Finance but I'll switch if its the best choice.
>>
Of course.
One of the people in my intake studied media studies, to give an idea of how far you can deviate.
>>
File: HappyPepe2.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
HappyPepe2.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
>>1256850
Thanks senpai, i'm looking to get some good background in CIS to help make me a solid candidate. I really would love to work there so I just want to do whatever I can to get me hired
>>
>>1256864
I believe PWC actually generates like 60% of their business from "Consulting" services that aren't CPA tax or audit things
Talked with a few people who majored in shit from zoology to communications working at big 4

Source: I call alumni for fundraising and talk career shut for rapport between
>>
>>1256895
Thanks! Consulting was what I was leaning towards.
>>
>>1256842

Most people I know at PWC are econ majors with a minor in accounting. Big 4's are pretty much a frat house and a few people to "diversify" the workplace. So be black or frat and your prob in.
>>
>>1256842

Why the fuck would you aspire to work at a big four?

I have a job offer from one of them in FSO audit in London that I am going to decline, it seems mundane as shit.
>>
>>1258574
Paying your dues anon
You work 5-6 years in a big 4 firm
Make connections, get your cpa/ca

And then you fuck off to a gig that isn't slavery
>>
File: 1460515580177.jpg (60 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
1460515580177.jpg
60 KB, 706x706
>>1256922
Big 4/Deloitte consulting is horrible. Have fun being a slave.
>>
>>1256842
I work on a Deloitte team that hires heavily out of a one year grad program that teaches accounting to people who studied different things in undergrad. There's definitely a lot of leeway.
>>
>>1256842
Why are their logos so shit?
>>
>>1258983
They're accountants anon.
>>
>>1258925
>Hope you like accounting

Yes there is a solid gig for sure. Still fucking years of monotony...

And you're still hiding behind the cloak of revenue i create
>>
>>1259736
I do like accounting
But you can't tell me you don't believe most people working at big 4 plan on leaving for better things as soon as possible
>>
>>1259740
If you like it not monotonous.

Most big 4 accountants go on to industry accounting

>Inb4 so what

why i asked if you like it...if you do you're in for a great career

They are great starting places for a career.

The bad wash out early. The good move on after a few years. And the middle of the road eventually make partner
>>
I studied tax law and my inbox is filled with recruitment spam from them.
>>
>>1258925
>And then you fuck off to a gig that isn't slavery
Yeah, but to get that, you need to do 60-70+ hour weeks for those "5-6 years."

It depends on your values and aspirations in the end. Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead working at a big 4.
>>
File: derp.jpg (99 KB, 249x689) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
99 KB, 249x689
>>1259756
I literally have 400+ recruitment mails from signing up to a free student organisation for taxes. :^)
>>
>>1259766
You can also sign up for free trips to New York, Barcelona, London and Scandinavia for a couple days with the people working there.
Or get a job in the Caribbean (geeh, I wonder why).
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.