[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poor fag here. >job sucks >not enough pay >seeing people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Poor fag here.
>job sucks
>not enough pay
>seeing people making thousands of dollars in a week.
point is. I want to start going into stock, but im not sure how too. any advice?
>>
File: 1461899363448.jpg (56 KB, 498x690) Image search: [Google]
1461899363448.jpg
56 KB, 498x690
shamless bump
>>
Step one: have enough money to not lose your profits through fees
Step two: have enough money so that once you inevitably lose all of your portfolio, you don't end up on the street.
Step three: realise you're either gambling your savings, or you're going to have a couple grand more in a few decades.
>>
>>1254080
probably the most useful thing iv read on biz.
>>
>>1254096

there always one of those in any fucking "noob here" thread, maybe that's u'r problem doe. read some shit.
have knowledge in what you want to do instead of asking for some kind of magic formula.
>>
>>1254037

BUY THE DIP
>>
>>1254080
Very well put bet you've been at it for a while now to put it like that. Not OP but literally in the same shoes.

any more recommendations???

What would be a good amount to start off with? What's company to use to buy stocks?
>>
>>1254037
>seeing people making thousands of dollars in a week
Are you sure about this part?
People love to lie about their record in the market. In fact, it has to be mathematically impossible for everyone to be doing so well, because it doesn't really work out that way.
>>
>>1254080
Robinhood user here

What are fees?
>>
Buy ethereum. If you've got the minerals
>>
>>1254437
Don't expect to get rich over night. If you're young enough, you can afford to invest a good portion of your account (minus an emergency fund). The trick is to stay the fuck away from actual stocks though. Look into vanguard, real estate, etc. If you put your money into an index fund like $SPY, you could expect a rather stable return of 7%/year. Your portfolio doubles almost every decade. Of course, the higher your initial investment, the higher your return, but it's worth it even if you have just a couple grand. As for individual stocks, I'd stay the fuck away from that until you can afford to lose tens of thousands in a day. I'm not saying you would, but there's a risk your taking with stuff like that.

I can't recommend a stock broker though, you need to research which brokers offer which fees in your country. Your best option will differ depending on how often you trade amd how big your portfolio is.

>>1254614
Robinhood is limited to a couple countries, and there are better options if you aren't dirt poor. But yeah it's great for trading a couple hundred bucks now and then.
>>
>>1254632
>there are better options if you aren't dirt poor
That's not what I heard.
I hear that, other than leverage for larger positions, margin trading, ability to go short as well as long, access to pre/after market hours, and real time price quotes, you really aren't getting anything for paying commissions to a broker.
>>
>>1254632
>use limit orders to buy short or long leveraged etfs

No need for margin on RH
>>
>>1254675
I prefer brokers that don't go down randomly.
>>
>>1254778
>I prefer brokers that don't go down randomly
Don't know about that.
Mine used to wear heels with short skirts, and I kept hoping that would happen.
>>
start a business
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.