[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a 100k+ in savings saved up. Is that enough money to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: saltines.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
saltines.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
I have a 100k+ in savings saved up.

Is that enough money to put the down payment on some property and live off of the rent money? I am single and live frugally, like <20k a year in expenses.

Ideally I'd like commercial property to rent out to businesses so that way I don't have to deal with stupid pleb tenants. How much money would I need to do this? What's a good part of the US to do this?

I don't know what to do. I'm kind of autistic and mentally ill so I'm uncertain about my ability to realistically keep a job. I haven't had a real job in like 5 years. I have a CS degree and used to be a software engineer though. I could spend some hours a week managing my property if necessary, but I can't really handle waking up early every morning, working in an office and having to fit in and interact with people all day.
>>
>>1253847
>Is that enough money to put the down payment on some property and live off of the rent money?

100k is not not enough in the US. If you are srs about it look up properties and rental prices and do the math.
>>
>100k savings
>autistic

Spend it on therapy, nootropics, health and wellness. Why not invest it on yourself?
>>
>>1253847
>I'm uncertain about my ability to realistically keep a job. I haven't had a real job in like 5 years.
Derp.
>>
Honestly, no matter what you invest in, it'll all give you similar returns for the low risk steady income you need.

Count on about 7% before taxes, so 20k per year will need almost 300k

You don't have nearly enough.
>>
>>>>1253847
Money is not saving you from your shortcomings in life, use it to improve in yourself
>>
>>1253847
If you're autistic, what you really need is freedom to experiment with people. Travel provides this, since everyone you meet is disposable, and you don't have to walk on tiptoe to avoid boring or offending normalfags. You can test new behaviours and routines in an almost clinical way.
>>
>>1255029
...I agree with your commercial property idea. But you should also consider putting your autistic tendencies to work. Make a website that catalogues and explains an interest, promote it, and find a way to monetize it.
>>
Why not just take that money, buy a house, and get an easy wagecuck job? All you'd have to pay is property taxes, utilities and food.
>>
>>1253847

>Has decent amount of cash
>Wants to spend on a decaying property

Housefags will always be poor.
>>
>>1255142
Did you not read the post?
>>
>>1255058
>buy house
>live in basement like true autist
>rent rest of the house to chad and stacy

the art of perpetual childhood.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.