[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm currently a rising sophomore at Penn State University
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1344206124716.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1344206124716.gif
3 MB, 640x360
I'm currently a rising sophomore at Penn State University who wants to break into investment banking upon graduating. I wasn't sure what I wanted to major in freshman year, so I didn't get nearly as involved as I should have. My GPA is currently a 3.9, but my involvement in finance-related clubs is nonexistent.

To remedy this, I'm looking to join the Nittany Lion Fund next year. It's a pretty well-known and respected club with very strong placement. However, with membership being exclusive as it is, the process to apply and join is rigorous. The interviews are known to be brutal, and prospective members are expected to have an extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of finance as well as the current market. And as of right now, my finance knowledge is limited.

I was wondering, then, which steps I should take this summer to prepare myself -- literature, online lessons, or otherwise. I've tried to do my own research, but it just seems like there's such an abundance of information and recommended material that I don't even know where to begin. Thanks in advance.
>>
Smeal alumnus here (Finance). Post some way to get in contact and I'll point you in the right direction. Make a throwaway email or something.
>>
>>1253264
Sure.
[email protected]
>>
>>1253215
>rising sophomore

stopped reading there
>>
>>1253215

>3.9
>Penn State

Congrats, you can breathe out of your mouth. We had some garbage-tier white trash with a BA from Penn State apply to my law firm recently. Interviewed him to meet a quota.

I hope to God you're not paying for your four years of baby sitting.
>>
>>1253405
http://sites.psu.edu/nittanylionfund/career-opportunities/
>>
>>1253449
>coming here to try and defend whatever shit school you went to

The only thing that matters if you went literally anywhere other than MIT, Stanford, Yale, Duke, or Harvard is your experience and connections. You school does not matter. Your school is shit. All schools are shit.
>>
Yeah, nah, you're a faggot

Enjoy your meme degree and getting hired by nobody, but if you're lucky and a non white male they might hire you for 30k a year because muh non white male quotas
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.