[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Does The US Military Pay Taxes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Basic Military Taxes.png (7 KB, 625x132) Image search: [Google]
Basic Military Taxes.png
7 KB, 625x132
I did this using very small easy to calculate numbers & yet still achieved *billions* of $s in tax revenue from people that are paid thru taxes. The big issues I have with this is:
1. Why? & 2. Where does it go?
Can anyone help me solve these issues and/or help me figure out what could be done with this revenue? #NotAPolitician
>>
>>1253212
The military has a lot of stupid fucking finance stuff. Like how you get a 200$ or so for a food budget however there is no way of seeing that money because they take it right back because you can eat at the defac. So in reality you never see that money and it has never touched anyones hands.
>>
>>1253212
Whats the question?
>>
Main question is why does the military pay taxes? Paying people with taxes while having them pay taxes is an oxymoron.
Secondary question is where does those the money go?
>>
Ex military here

No one fucking knows. For some reason when we deploy, they don't tax us and we keep everything except medicaid and social sec. shit like that.

Maybe military pays taxes because everyone must be taxed on their income because laws.

Your same questioning will ask why police officers get taxed, firefighters, etc.
>>
That brings up a serious question then, 'Do politicians pay taxes?'
>>
>>1253212
>>1253273
>Main question is why does the military pay taxes?
Why wouldn't you tax military personnel? They're paid to do a job & receive substantial benefits during and after leaving that job. It's also a tremendous amount of money you'd miss out on not taxing them.

That said, military personnel in combat zones do not get taxed. Nor are housing/food/etc allowances which make up half of your pay. And most states I know of will not tax active duty working out of state. Almost everything they require is also deductible, such as haircuts.

>Paying people with taxes while having them pay taxes is an oxymoron.
Secondary question is where does those the money go?
One of the big reasons is to track the monetary value of work. The government will hire contractors instead of using active duty personnel if it's cost effective. They will get rid of contractors if active duty are noticeably cheaper & perform just as well.
>>
>>1253332
Are u focking slow m8?

>pay gov employee $100
>take back $15
>LOOK AT ALL THE MONEYS WE'RE MAKING
>>
>>1253332
Not saying they shouldn't be taxed, but you weren't entirely correct in saying >military personnel in combat zones do not get taxed.
Officers that make more then an E-9 get taxed for all the money they make past that rank when over seas.
>One of the big reasons is to track the monetary value of work.
If that's true then major corporations that pay taxes twice, once for the employee and then for paying the employee's wages, should get a lower tax on their actual revenue for already paying so much in taxes.
>>
>>1253342
>>1253353
Bitch and moan all you want, still getting taxed.
>>
>>1253357
its not a tax its just lower pay. You completely miss points often?
>>
>>1253212
Most people don't understand that taxation is necessary to fund government projects, to prevent inflation
>>
>>1253311
>For some reason when we deploy, they don't tax us

For some reason? Are you people brain dead? Do you not understand anything about how you get paid? I'm not military but even I know that when you deployed you get combat pay.
>>
>>1253454
>are you braindead?
>ex military
do you even need to ask lmao?
>>
>>1253212
The admin involved in removing income taxes from the public sector would not be worth the effort.
>>
>>1253212
sou you are asking why not deduct taxes from the wages from the get go?

i imagine same as every other profession. for taxation purposes the end result is what's important and lot of stuff you do or not do or eligible or not determines your taxable income. basically it would change from person to person even receiving the same wage.

i agree it's fucking complicated and only feeds bureaucracy but it would be unjust to many soldiers if they didn't had the same procedure.

for a simple fixed income tax rate it would make zero sense to tax gov employees. but people can have investments mortgages kids ongoing education fuck knows what...
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.