[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on students
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Hi, biz. For anyone in STEM. What do guys think of social science majors? Would you make good friends with one of them. Would you ever think to even get to know a women and gender studies major? I don't have anything against any students because of what they major in so what are your thoughts?
>>
wow, I read that as social justice majors. whew lad.

but I never see them. I figure they're off in their safe space.

I frequently discuss things with econ majors but that's about it, unless a stray philosopher comes around, I'll feed them drugs and just ruin any theory's they thought they had.
>>
>>1252862
no, because they are generally toxic, hypersensitive thoughtbullies and the primary cause of stem turning into shit.
>>
>>1252948
you ever talk to one?
>>
>>1252948
also, how are they turning STEM "into shit?"
>>
>>1252862
fug. I'm a student, but I'm interested in finance currently. I took English, Mathematics, and History in my undergrad and I can't say I've regretted my choices. I do have a problem though with other students in my programs, who just don't take them seriously. They literally only care about social justice-related things (obviously worse in English and History) because it's easier to discuss than actual course content.

I wish I had more mature folks to chat with, which is why I lurk /biz/ in a desperate attempt to find others with my kind of mindset.

How bad is that on a scale of 1 to 10?
>>
>>1253007
that ain't bad. Discussions on social justice are kind of a waste of time. What really turns me away is how worked up they get over it which just makes it so cringy.
>>
>>1253025
>>
>>1253033
Trigglypuff is my waifu. She will stop oppression from the sexist pigs of the patriarchy. die cis scum.
>>
>>1253007
Just do like Richard Feynman says, "Shutup, and calculate. If you don't do the math your opinion is meaningless"

Get them to do the math. If they aren't willing to discuss it fuck 'em.
Math is the study of relationships. If they don't get that there is no reasoning with them, beyond rhetoric.
>>
>>1252862
No. They are a walking lawsuit. Never try to talk to them or you'll get accused of rape or some bullshit.
>>
>>1252862
30+ year old CS major here. Anyone who judges someone purely on their college major is a fool. After a certain point of age is reached you realize what's important in life. And college major isn't one of those things.
>>
>>1253142
yeah bruh getting laid is more important. that's why I'm majoring in queer studies to get some hot feminist pussy.
>>
>>1253142
>Anyone who judges someone purely on their skin colour is a fool. After a certain point of age is reached you realize what's important in life. And skin colour isn't one of those things.
>>
>>1253165
Well said.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.