[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lads I don't know what to do. I'm trying to get a summer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1463375287044.jpg (39 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1463375287044.jpg
39 KB, 657x527
Lads I don't know what to do. I'm trying to get a summer job and my employment options are either working at a factory for $9/hr that I will for sure be hired at (done through recruitment agency and I'm slotted to start in a week), or leave there and take a risk with applying to a warehousing company that pays $18/hr and with which I have an interview in the first week of June. But I dont know how well I'd do against other applicants because I have no warehousing experience as indicated on my resume, but they still called me.
If I quit the $9/hr one I have lined up and also don't get hired at the warehousing company then I will likely be unemployed for the duration of the summer which is less than ideal. I need money badly
What do?
>>
>>1252324
take the job at the factory, interview for the warehousing company. if the warehousing company doesnt want you, stay at the factory.
>>
>>1252340
Is it ok to just leave the factory after a week or two? Would it reflect badly?

Before this I just worked at WalMart for 2 yrs and a cleaning service for one year. Never have had to quit early before. Feel like they're relying on me and put s lot of work in through drug testing and background checks already
>>
>>1252346
its a factory job paying 9 an hour. tell them something in the family cane up. just dont make a habit out of this
>>
>>1252346
C'mon OP get your head outta your ass. Are you afraid to hurt their feelings? Take the job you got lined up, then if the other works out, you bounce for the higher paying job. Do what's best for you.
>>
>>1252346
I make $13/hr bringing plates with hot food on them to peoples tables.

$9/hr is nothing. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>1252346
This is the risk businesses take.

If they really wanted/needed you you wouldn't be working for chump change in dreadful heat with shit breaks and either no/manditory overtime or VTO
>>
File: 1463435187386.jpg (23 KB, 319x466) Image search: [Google]
1463435187386.jpg
23 KB, 319x466
>>1252454
>>1252426
>>1252380
>>1252377
Ok that sounds good. Still feel like a bit of a dickhead if this goes through though, but I'll be earning double so I'll manage
Ty lads
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.