[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /biz/, pic related just offered me an internship in their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 8.jpg (142 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
142 KB, 1024x768
Hey /biz/, pic related just offered me an internship in their finance department. Should I take it?
>>
>>1252291
Don't do it. They offer college grads internships in the "[student's major] department" all the time, but when you show up the first day it's not a special department it's just a sorting and packing facility. Plenty of grads stay and work there a while out of embarrassment.
>>
>>1252309
I'm still in school. Just finished my second year. I'm 20. They told me I would be working in an office and dealing with preparing reports and presentations for the department of transportation and the corporate big wigs in Atlanta.
>>
>>1252322
Do it
>>
>>1252322
Try it out senpai, congrabs :DD
>>
>>1252322
aka

>work on loading docks

>make a powerpoint presentation at the end
>>
>>1252329
Yeah the hub of their operations is in my city. A lot of college kids work as package handlers there because they pay for school. This isn't the same.
>>
>>1252327
Thanks. I probably will.
>>
all joking aside, no, you do not deliver packages if you intern a ups

that's like thinking an internship at mcdonalds = flipping burgers
>>
>>1252383
>internship at mcdonalds
Loooool
>>
>>1252291
do it
>>
Oh, and the building in my original post is where I'll be working.
>>
>>1252383
at the company i work for, interns do resets at 5am. our competitor uses a dedicated team of wetbacks.

their 'sales experience' comes from a series of online videos and a mere week of ridealongs with real sales people.

so sometimes, yes, you do stupid shit as an intern that has nothing to do with your future prospects.
>>
>>1252291
I worked at UPS for 7 years, was great experience and looks really good on a resume. Do it.
>>
>>1253401
What did you do while you were there?
>>
>>1253476
Started loading planes, drove for a few years, and then load planning & dispatch.
>>
They're offering 15.25 an hour. Is that good?
>>
>>1253894
Nothing to scoff at
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.