[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legit link?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: ernstnyung.png (7 KB, 428x428) Image search: [Google]
ernstnyung.png
7 KB, 428x428
I got an email that seems to be from EY about a job offer.

The link they provided to some "webinar" is http://join.ey.com/[redacted]

Apparently I have to attend this webinar before they phone interview me.

I don't know much about domains, is there any chance of this being a phishing link? When I start up the webinar I have to grant permissions to the web page, that's why I am being so careful.
>>
You're too dumb to work at EY.
>>
>>1252297
thanks for the help
>>
>>1252288

>attend this webinar before they phone interview me.

hey, that's not a thing, u'll looking straight at some pyramidal shit.

>go to meeting nonetheless
>see room full of bethas that confirm the diagnostic
>do something epic
>????
>real job interview
>>
>>1252370

Is the link definitely EY themselves?
>>
>>1252379

i can't be definite but first it's not working for me (ping timed out, outside the US, probably some BS host) and their official website is ey.com/blabla
not blabla.ey.com

>http://www.ey.com/GL/en/Careers/Students/Joining-EY#fragment-1-na
>>
>>1252288

Seems fake. Google it.

Also just call the HR department of the nearest EY to you and ask them about the email. Say you wanted to make sure it is legitimate and not a scam.
>>
>>1252387
The real link without the [redacted] goes to some lync page where I have to run the application. It seems to be a unique link for myself though, hence the redacted.

I was under the impression that a sub-domain always pertains to the domain and can't be spoofed or anything. This all seems a little too fishy not to question it, though. Especially as, like you say, this breaks the format that EY usually use for links, and there are literally no results on Google with this link or anything about a webinar in the recruitment process.

>>1252412
Thanks for the input, I will do this. I have to attend the webinar at 10am tomorrow so I will get in touch HR as soon as they open.
>>
File: qkb.jpg (49 KB, 528x397) Image search: [Google]
qkb.jpg
49 KB, 528x397
>>1252445
>see this
>run

let us know anon
>>
>>1252461
will do
>>
>>1252288
Recently accepted a job at EY. I did not have a webinar to do.
>>
OP here, turns out it was all legit.

It was basically a briefing before the phone interview.
>>
>>1253559

good for you anon, GL with the interview.
what a weird process doe
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.