[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help /biz/, i'm starting my first ever business (it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: is this real life?.jpg (2 MB, 4576x3032) Image search: [Google]
is this real life?.jpg
2 MB, 4576x3032
I need help /biz/, i'm starting my first ever business (it's online btw) and i need help tracking all the costs, profit, comission etc. are there any good templates out there? thanks fellow /biz/ness men
>>
>>1252129
Start simple and just do it in a spreadsheet or a physical notebook. Buy QuickBooks if that doesn't cut it.
>>
>>1252129
Also, what are you getting into? There aren't enough general biz threads on this shithole of a board.
>>
>>1252129
I'm thinking about messing with xero.com but haven't tried it. Not sure if it's free either
>>
Use excel or something similar, and back it all up in the cloud via dropbox. Both are free.

Just make a spreadsheet for each year, and a tab for each month. Record sales and expenses in the tab and that way you'll have detailed records held indefinitely with little effort and no cost.

If you want, you can do anything with spreadsheets. You can make graphs to measure what your assets/cash is at the moment and measure it against your actual on hand amounts to verify/self audit. You can Make columns by product type/price etc and measure to see what sells best at what prices.

Then I use word for invoicing, which I keep copies of (and reciepts) in a folder in drop box for each month.

It may seem daunting but it's incredibly easy, low cost and effecient. You dont need quick books to do this shit.
>>
>>1252129

Just use Excel.

Make a spreadsheet for each area you want to track.
>>
Accountant here.

Basic manual cash books are enough to begin with, though over time you might want to consider getting Sage or Quickbooks.

Keep an organised filing system for your receipts/purchase invoices/bank statements. Without it you're going to have a bad time reconciling everything.
>>
>>1252176
Yeah, I started with excel but then i realised how i know fuck all about it, shits pretty hard mang
>>1252178
Its just an online store
>>1252241
not free, you can get a free trial i think
>>1252282
thanks for the advice, i would need some practice to get efficient at it but it doesn't look that bad desu
>>1252286
a spread sheet for each area? shit son
>>1252459
thanks mr.accountant, idk how well my business is gonna do, it might go tits up, it might do really well, but i'll see about using sage or quickbooks if all goes well
>>
>>1252519
Plan ahead. If things pick up, don't hesitate to ditch the manual system. You don't want to become overwhelmed and then fuck up something.

Good luck to ya buddy.
>>
I have ideas for 3d printed, small objects but am afraid of the shipping procedure. How complicated/expensive is it? I'm in canada.
>>
>>1253902
Welcome to the shittiest nation in the world to start a business.

DUDE.
>>
Sorry for late replies, half of you have already forgotten the thread I bet
>>1252530
Cheers mr.accountant
>>1253902
Don't be afraid, unless you're shipping 3d printed loli fleshlights
>>1254095
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.