[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Mall Culture Return?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 840m[1].jpg (592 KB, 1200x707) Image search: [Google]
840m[1].jpg
592 KB, 1200x707
With the rise of online shopping, malls seems to be slowly getting phased out. Do you think there will ever be something to bring Malls back together as a social hangout for teens and early twenty-somethings? Will they even be financially feasible to open within the next 10 years?

I feel they could manage if more entertainment venues were placed within them -- pic related here has limited theatre, but I'm thinking places with bowling alleys/arcades/whatever implemented into their design might still manage.
>>
>>1252049
Where do you live? In my area the mall is almost always packed, especially after school lets out in the evenings or on weekends. It's the one time that I realize that people under 18 but over 10 even exist. Terrible creatures, really.
>>
>>1252062
I live in the memphis area. Only two or three malls for around 700,000+ people total. Several malls have closed, and even when I go, I can catch large crowds, but no bags. People seem to just go windowshopping for things they'll order online later.
>>
the indoor shopping mall is dead.

upscale, outdoor shopping areas featuring ambiance is still in vogue.

your local shopping mall in your city will be torn down within the next 10 years.

I can see shopping malls being replaced by office parks, where instead of Nordstrom and Foot Locker you would have a myriad of businesses: accounting firms, law firms, other office type jobs.
>>
>>1252065
Strange. Atlanta area here. There are several large malls around and they're never not packed. In fact the one in my area is renovating and adding in a bunch of extra shit. Big money in normie shit like Apple stores and Abercrombie. Only parts I see routinely fair are the shit kiosks that hire out workers that don't try at their job and the little weeb novelty item shops.
>>
>>1252078
I imagine Atlanta has more high-income work, too, though I don't know.

This area is mostly lower-middle-class with a few upper-class pockets in the population. Though this store has also barely changed, too. They anchored themselves with a Sears, a Macy's, and a Dillards, all three of which took extremely hard hits last year.
>>
Chicago area here.

There are a few decent sized malls around here still kicking pretty well that I think are likely to survive. I mean, if they haven't gone under yet, they're probably gonna make it. At least until the drones hit.

But no, new construction is anything like the old malls. They're these new fake malls that are just glorified strip malls. They're everywhere and they disgust me and they can be destroyed by the drones, for all I give a fuck. I admit, being able to pull into a parking spot in front of the store I want to go to is a way better system than the old malls, but these things are just a glorified strip malls and a blight on an otherwise beautiful country.

I actually used to be pro-suburbs, but they actually make me so mad that now I believe society should only be city or country. One or the other. No in between. Horrible.
>>
>>1252049
my local mall doubled in size recently, with the street it's located at doubling it's retail space
>>
>>1252179
> hates suburbs
> lives in Chicagoland

kek
>>
>will mall culture return?

I hope so, ten yrs ago my local mall was crawling with teen ass. Nowadays I'm assuming they get home from school and stare at their smartphones.

Friday nights my local mall used to be crawling with teenage pussy, now it's empty. The mall security being dicks and breaking up groups of kids with more than 3 people didn't help
>>
>>1252192

> hates suburbs
> lives in Chicagoland
> kek

You understand where I'm coming from.
>>
>>1252049
oldfag here this was one of the weirdest phases in american culture. I for one hope it dies.
Teens will still hang there though.
Remember they're dumb they'll trade drugs for sex.
>>
>>1252194
>ten yrs ago
You ever consider that 17 year old girls now look like literal children compared to a 27 year old man?
>>
No.

Mall is kill.

Who was internet?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.