[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Computer Science or Accounting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Computer Science or Accounting?
>>
Art
>>
>>1251827
Women's studies
>>
>>1251827

Underwater basket weaving
>>
File: 1380333410764.jpg (7 KB, 206x237) Image search: [Google]
1380333410764.jpg
7 KB, 206x237
>>1251827
An actual degree or bullshit?
>>
neither
computer science is going to be overcrowded in a few years
accounting isn't as lucrative as you think
how about you be original
>>
>>1251827
Transgender Studies
>>
>>1251827
Di-Gender Womyn Studies
>>
>>1251854
Overcrowded with women and idiots wanting the low hanging fruit that is web and mobile app development.

Fuck my life and fuck my industry. I should have gone into finance.
>>
>>1251854
You're an idiot.

Both degrees are legit. CS seems to pay a bit more but also is a bit more difficult, however, the content of things you'll be learning may be a lot more interesting which would make up for it. Also you would have to learn how to program which actually gives you a skill you can use in your off-time for your own projects.

Right now I'm undecided between CS and EE. I watched a video from Eli the IT guy and he mentioned a couple times that the EE start-ups were gonna be the next big thing since the cost to create gadgets would go down and basically be more accessible. A lot of the classes are similar(CS & EE) so if you could I'd make the leap all the way to EE.
>>
>>1251999
Checked,
I have a master in finance and all the imaginable certification in finance you can think, its not helping.
Finance is also a shitty field
CFA, FRM, MSc in finance, now working toward the actuarial certification.
>>
>>1251827
Both. Double Major Master Race.
>>
>>1251827
Accounting. Comp sci is flooded at the moment and what kids don't realize is companies are laying off Americans in the thousands while filing to the government 14 times more h1b faggots

Like Intel later off around 1.2k or something Americans and is filing for 14k Indian faggots. Unless you live in India or China don't do computer science.

If I could go back I'd do accounting.
>>
>>1251839

This. I know someone who makes 500k yearly as an underwater basket weaver. Dangerous job though.
>>
>>1251839
sup superanon!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.