[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>AAPL >Icahn sells shares of AAPL >worried about China
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (229 KB, 1024x438) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229 KB, 1024x438
>AAPL
>Icahn sells shares of AAPL
>worried about China
>AAPL invested in Chinese rideshare
>Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway discloses 9.81 million shares of AAPL
>shorters get BTFO
>>
>>1249308
Time to start shorting BRK
>>
Pretty incredible how one man revealing his stake in literally the largest company in the world can still make that company's stock rise from the announcement of that alone
>>
>>1249308
have you looked at how buffet is doing lmao

down 13% in 2015, on track for similar in 2016.

buffet is outdated, he's no investing wizard anymore
>>
>>1249490
>the largest holdings company in the world dipped at the same time the market dipped
>thinking this means the company is now shit
Wew
>>
>>1249495
S&P went down ~2% in 2015, he lost 13%
>>
>>1249530
and he has barely beaten the market for the 2008- 2015 period. he beat the S&P by a few percent in 2008, when he went down 30% to the market's ~35%

"value investing" as buffet practices it is outdated. it worked when no one knew shit about fundamental analysis and there were shittons of misprices in the market; now, his naive way of evaluating multiples is no longer sophisticated enough to catch and profit on mismatches. finance moves fast as an industry, and buffet doesn't have the need nor desire to stay at the cutting edge.
>>
>>1249490

Brk is the meme

Read up about how Buffet makes money off it and you'll see why he doesn't give a shit if it never beats the market.

Buffet Doesn't play the pleb stock market

He's a master of misdirection.

You're buying meme stocks because of a name, while he's making the real money buying entire companies and lobbying politics behind the scenes.
>>
What is buffets price per share?

Looked but I can't find it.
>>
>>1249537
Exactly.

He is the kingpin of the American insurance industry, and people don't even realize it.
>>
>>1249537
>>1249556
i agree which is why i said
>buffet doesn't have the need nor desire to stay at the cutting edge
(of stocks)

hence why using Buffet buying AAPL as justification to long the stock is silly, which is the point i was driving at
>>
>>1249546
Found it

$109 per share
>>
>>1249563
Damn. Why would he buy in so high?
>>
>>1249599
http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/16/investing/warren-buffett-berkshire-hathaway-apple/

Here is my source. This doesn't say but another article says buffet doesn't invest in tech. However the two managers he hired bought the stake.
>>
Get beat because some deus ex machina swoops in disclosing he owns the same stock

would hate to be on the same side in the long run desu
>>
>>1249308
>this isn't a bull trap
>>
File: Untitled.png (76 KB, 1081x598) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
76 KB, 1081x598
What happened to the Buffet Effect?

Is this really it?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.