[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How big of a mistake it is to study Social Studies in uni?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1386794506256.jpg (44 KB, 256x359) Image search: [Google]
1386794506256.jpg
44 KB, 256x359
How big of a mistake it is to study Social Studies in uni?
>>
>>1249241
Why? Why do you ask such dumb questions? You know we are going to tell you it's dumb. Hell you probably know it is dumb but you are going to do it anyway because you think you will make it work. Maybe you will, maybe you won't.
>>
A BIG mistake, it's financial return is shit.
>>
>>1249241
>Social studies
We 2nd grade now
>>
>>1249249
But what if i'm talented, I know I can do it.
I'm just lazy that's all
>>
gender studies is where its at, nigga
>>
>>1249272
Do what? Get a social studies degree and then be an unemployed person?

Also the
>smart but lazy meme
is just a fucking thing stupid people tell themselves to justify their consistent failings to one another.
>>
>>1249279
No, all social sciences are dead ends career wise. They maybe interesting but the real money is in engineering
>>
>>1249314

I agree. But where do we draw the line with this stuff? Not everyone can do engineering, not everyone wants to do engineering. For the sake of saturation, be thankful for that.

Would you seriously suggest that someone who's true academic strength and personal interest was in social science pursue engineering because it may be linked to better occupational outcomes?
>>
Is psycology a social science?
>>
>>1249324
>Not everyone can do engineering, not everyone wants to do engineering.

yes, not everyone wants to work either, nor can work, not anyone is good at math, or analytical problem solving. one can say that less people are good in that than in other things, that's why the people that actually do the stuff the majority considers too complicated and uninteresting are in a minority. which is the reason they are payed more, since there are less of them and their field offers more value than reintepratations of bygone situations like history or social studies offer, these are only useful if applied. so if you want to make mones in social studies, you have to find their actual application in analytical problem solving that would create value.
>>
>>1249241
Not a mistake if you go to a prestigious uni, or have connections, or are just doing it for self betterment.Seeing though that you're asking on an online vietnamese fishing pole exchange then I'd say its not worth it. If all fails would you be willing to go into academia OP?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.