[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Investing in index fonds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 9486546854.png (147 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
9486546854.png
147 KB, 500x272
I will be receiving a bunch of money in a year or so and I wanted to practice dealing with the stock market a bit before investing any real money. I found this site called Wallstreet Survivor (hurr durr shilling) and I wanted to invest in an index fund. So I looked for VTSAX under stocks, but it doesn't recognize it.

Is this a problem with the website or do I have a fundamental misunderstanding of index funds?
>>
>>1249150
That's a vanguard admiral shares. You generally buy them at vanguard. Just buy voo or vtsmx.
>>
>>1249156
>You generally buy them at vanguard
I have no idea what this means. How can I buy them AT a company? (I'm a noob) Is that like a primary market vs secondary market thing?

>Just buy voo or vtsmx
What are those and what's the difference? How will buying them be comparable with buying VTSAX stock investmentwise?
>>
>>1249156
it also doesn't recognize VTSMX btw
>>
>>1249159
Vanguard is a brokerage

They offer different versions of the same fund that require more money for lower costs. That's the only difference between vtsax and vtsmx

Voo is an s&p500 index and has no minimum requirements and can be bought anywhere. No cost to buy at some places.

Vanguard minimum to open an account is $3000. Others are lower.
>>
>>1249161
Probably foreign so it has some different ending like voo.us or whatever. Just search for it. Vanguard total stock market
>>
File: 5648486.png (9 KB, 341x178) Image search: [Google]
5648486.png
9 KB, 341x178
>>1249166
I can only seem to come up with VOO, VOOG and VOOV

>Vanguard minimum to open an account is $3000
That's 3k I get to keep to invest right?

I want to invest about 100k in the first year. And I was thinking about putting like 10k in VTSAX. So I guess I can do that then. Sound like a good idea to you?
>>
>>1249177
Try VTI also.

Yeah that works what you are doing and yes you keep the 3k.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.