[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a longshot, not sure where to ask: I recently inherited
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: HUNG0002.gif (7 KB, 516x260) Image search: [Google]
HUNG0002.gif
7 KB, 516x260
This is a longshot, not sure where to ask:

I recently inherited and sold a condo in Hungary. I am a dual citizen, but have never lived there. The money has already been transferred to my account here in the US.

Could I face any negative consequences if I don't pay the capital gains tax in Hungary? Hungary is a member of the EU. Could I get arrested or my passport confiscated if I visit there, or any other EU country?
>>
>>1249047
who cares?
>>
>>1249059
i do. that's why i'm asking. duh
>>
>>1249047
if you don't receive any notification in 5 years you are in the clear.
if they don't have your address in murrica there is no way they can serve you.
>>
>>1249047
>Could I get arrested or my passport confiscated if I visit there, or any other EU country?
only if you have an international arrest warrant. i guess the fbi would knock on your door the next day to ask about it.
>>
>>1249047
>Could I face any negative consequences if I don't pay the capital gains tax in Hungary?

thats a no brainer anon, if you ask it's because you know

>Hungary is a member of the EU. Could I get arrested or my passport confiscated if I visit there, or any other EU country?

lol, you sold a condo, you'r not alcapone
>>
>>1249047
btw you probably gonna be in deep shit if they come after you
you should have paid 18% inheritance tax
if you got the real estate within 5 years and sell it you need to pay 16%
us and hungary has no double tax agreement which means after you paid the horrid taxes in hungary on the remainder you need to pay income tax in the us.
>>
>inb4 nigerian money transfer request
>>
>>1249719
i doubt it but i reported the thread to the nav (hungarian irs) just to be sure in case op didn't lie.
>>
>>1249712
>us and hungary has no double tax agreement which means after you paid the horrid taxes in hungary on the remainder you need to pay income tax in the us.

wut? there's been for like 35 years, just google it.
>>
>>1249836
not valid it's been torpedoed in 2010 at least that's what i read.
i could be wrong about this, then you are less fucked slightly.
>>
>>1250185
yeah i see now Rand Paul torpedoed the amendment
the original is in effect weirdly enough
it seems to allow for taxes paid to hungary to be deducted from us income tax.
>>
Can't you just claim you don't speak Hungarian and one of your relatives helped you sell the house because you have no clue about the taxation policy? At worst they might ask you to pay up what you woe if they ever notice you.
>>
>>1250228
my guess would be if he does that he still needs to pay us income tax after the sum in full, but when they come knocking for the taxes (with interest) the double tax agreement won't help anything as it does not allow for profits from real estate to be taxed in the us instead of hungary. you have to make a choice basically if you forgot then you are not eligible for excemption.
>>
>>1249836
I inherited a bunch of land in Hungary I since sold. Money transfered over. I didn't pay shit in America, all in Hungary. Either I'm fucked (and it's been a few years since then so doubtful) or we have some agreement with them.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.