[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Altruism has a Price Tag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: f49.png (478 KB, 680x689) Image search: [Google]
f49.png
478 KB, 680x689
>it's mom's birthday
>decide to shout her and the rest of my family (dad and two brothers) a free dinner at up-market restaurant
>I've been saving money religiously lately, every cent from my minimum wage job, so I feel I want to do this

>Everyone orders most expensive thing, with expensive drinks, sides and desserts
>Tension throughout the whole night, family barely speaks
>Finally, bill is placed in front of me
>$289.00
>PLUS TIP

Does anyone ever feel like they are on a great saving streak and then there's a "just cuck me up" moment? Asking for all my fellow bare-minimal spenders. I went home and bought a whole lot of online shit I had wanted for a while, just because I had given up momentarily on saving after that dining experience.
>>
> Decide to take out my parents and my gf's parents and my gf out for mother's day
> Pay the bill
> Pay 20% tip
> Don't even care because I'm not a fuck up like you
> Was a really fun night
>>
Keep a seperate fund for spending. Put like $20 a week in it to spend on whatever
>>
>>1248998

It's a great idea. Something I noticed is that when I keep all of my money in the one account, I spend way more of it because it's all there and all accessible. Surely there must be a psychological explanation for that.

Long story short, I'm withdrawing all of my money next week.
>>
>>1249012
>>1248995
Learn some self control faggots.
>>
>>1249012
Yes there is. It's called "reference dependent preferences".
>>
Wtf op

You don't buy dinner for 4 people when you're on minimum wage.

You should have taken just your mom out.
>>
>>1248998
20 dollars a week is your "spending" fund?

What would you even spend something that small on?
>>
>>1249063
Im just giving an example for OP. Personally I rarely spend any money outside my usual expenses.
>>
File: 1463201857639.jpg (48 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1463201857639.jpg
48 KB, 330x319
>>1248993
Typical goy spending money as soon as he has it

You are not mean to be wealthy boy. Go back to the assembly line.
>>
>>1248993
>offer family free dinner
>get fucked with the bill

You brought this on yourself buddy
>>
>I saved a load of money then invited my family out for dinner in an expensive restaurant and now I am surprised that the bill was large
>WHAT WENT WRONG GUISE?
>WHY DID THEY ORDER NICE THINGS INSTEAD OF EATING SIDES AND HAVING WATER IN A FANCY RESTAURANT

You are solely responsible for this, you fucking asked for it you retarded autist.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.