[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beginners Guide to Bitcoin and ETH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1451269825680.jpg (79 KB, 594x576) Image search: [Google]
1451269825680.jpg
79 KB, 594x576
I'm trying to buy ETH and I have no idea how to.

Can someone explain the process and which websites to use to convert USD to BTC to ETH? It seems hard to get to the second step.

Also, do you need a wallet before you start trading? Is the wallet where you store your keys for each crypto?

Some help would be useful. Not much online in terms of starting from the very beginning.
>>
>>1248536
Where are you from?

You can use a btc atm (if there's any around you) to buy bitcoin, and then have that sent to your btc wallet. Then have an account at poloniex to send the btc to, and trade that for eth.
>>
>>1248568

USA, Maryland
>>
>>1248598
Then you can ether deposit cash in an exchange like Kraken, and the IRS will be aware of it. You could otherwise go straight cash-btc with someone form localbitcoins.com, or use a bitcoin ATM.
>>
>>1248536
You can buy Bitcoin or Ethereum direct from exchanges if you have a debit card. If you don't have a debit card, try mailing some cash to someone from localbitcoins (it works, at least the 4 times I did it).

You don't need a wallet to trade on Poloniex (they provide one), but I wouldn't put all of my money with them. Download Mycelium on your phone and use that as your Bitcoin wallet. Download Ethereum and Mist and use that as your Ethereum wallet (I haven't tried mobile apps).

A wallet is the key itself (private key and public key derrived from the private key)
>>
>>1248713

Signed up on Kraken. They said Maryland doesn't allow cryptos. Awesome...

>>1248723
I have a debit card. I don't know which exchanges to trust.

Thanks for the wallet definition. So I need a wallet before I start on Mist? Sounds like that is a good place to start,
>>
I know how to transfer the currency itself but I'm confused about the security. What is PGP and how do I set it up? How do I go about giving my address properly to the person I am doing business with?
>>
>buying anything but BTC
>>
>>1250019
Doing that
>>
>>1248997
Wait what? Maryland doesn't allow cryptos? Oops.
>>
local bitcoin. meet a person. Buy 1 btc at a coffee shop. Go to shpeshift.io change btc to eth. Install mist/geth run it. send eth to the 0x9bb address. You get tokens in 3 seconds!

it's not that hard guys! seriously
>>
>>1250089
>Maryland doesn't allow cryptos?
wtf
>>
>>1250267

Kraken doesn't allow USD to BTC in Mayland for some reason.

Any other options guys?
>>
>>1250152

>paying $30-40 more for a bitcoin
>>
>>1248536
medium.com/@ethereumvn
>>
Just buy bitcoin first, then use poloniex to buy ethereum
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.