[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to be alive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: FB_IMG_1460062730606.jpg (126 KB, 1105x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460062730606.jpg
126 KB, 1105x960
So I grew up the poor way and had to get my GED. So now I have a big question.

I want to get into a trade, and have autism to the point that I can't do low level jobs like wal-mart and mcdonalds because that is FAR beyond my social abilities. But trades are fine because I am good at manual labor and I'm honestly smart, just not people smart.

Now my fear is, what if after I get a trade certification, what if I get injured? I can't fall back on the easy low level jobs due to my lack of social comprehension. I would have no where to go if I was suddenly unable to work a trade.

What it seems to me is that I will need to diversify into STEM or IT just to have an escape route if I were to get hurt doing a trade.

Should I just skip the trade and try for something like programming? Or am I worrying about the risk too much and career ending injuries actually only happen to drunk retards?

I've got these path choices at the moment

1) Forestry degree/fire science degree(currently working in this field entry level)
2)electrician or aircraft mechanic trade
3) STEM or IT

I'm mainly weighing the risk/success probability of each right now
>>
>>1248376
>I'm honestly smart, just not people smart.
banks dont give a FUCK, if you wanna bring some honey home, they'll get you a contract
>>
>>1248388
Are you implying I get a job at a bank

Because I cannot talk on phones and I do not understand all the little antics normal people do to be accepted in office environment
>>
>>1248376
Programming is easy to learn, easy to get into entry-level positions, easy to get promoted. Not much people stuff required.
>>
>>1248399
What type of programming is least likely to get outsourced to india? I could theorhetically learn programming after I break my back, right?
>>
>>1248390
Sometimes you just have to have your goal in life come before present comfort.

I recommend a book: Better Faster Stronger, but also this little ancedote

You want something that not many can do, you have to push yourself to do it. That includes doing sociable activities once in a while and fool people that you're something you're not.

The key is to have fun fooling people.
>>
>>1248487
I understand this but I truly just miss the mark when it comes to socializing. It isn't anxiety. I have no clue when I upset, offend or intimidate people. I have no list of connections to make with people, I have objective information that I can list off to people. This is something that just isn't there in my brain and never has been.
>>
>>1248376

If you have such bad social anxiety and depression, just go on SDI or SSI

Google Uncle Remus Guide to Welfare in the archives. Do a 5150, get neetbux for life.
>>
>>1248557
I don't have social anxiety or depression. I am socially incapable i.e. no comprehension of socializing

As if I were deaf, but deaf to empathy
>>
File: 1455974045958.png (124 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1455974045958.png
124 KB, 510x546
>>1248376
I work in IT, and I meet many developers who are totally socially enept. As in not being able to make jokes, sarcasm flies over their heads, and they do and say things that are inappropriate to borderline offending.

They are also practical, smart, punctual, dedicated workers with a passion for their job. It sounds you would probably fit in.
>>
>>1248376
just stop having that kind of autism
>>
>>1248405
exotic languages of legacy systems
cobol, fortan, java
>>
>>1248390
exactly what i'm implying mate.
learn what jobs are in a bank, you don't seem to get it.
>>
>>1248376
My friend works the night shift as a janitor at Walmart. It takes so little social skills that if you can't do that job I'd be surprised if you could do any job.
>>
File: pebis grind.png (261 KB, 355x371) Image search: [Google]
pebis grind.png
261 KB, 355x371
>>1249815
>mfw amazing overnight jobs in my area
>cant do it because I'd never get to see my gf
>missing out on easy work for $14 an hour starting
>>
>>1250476
>gf
There's you're problem. Become a wizard like me and free yourself from the vampiric soul-draining succubi.
>>
>>1248376

Uhm... disability insurance?
>>
>What if I get injured?

Well, you would probably get disability Social Security.

Also start saving up and acquiring assets to give yourself a financial cushion.
>>
>>1248376
Join the military. They don't care how retarded you are as long as you do your job & your rating is in demand. If you get injured they'll pay you for life. If you make it 20 years without an injury you can retire.
>>
>>1248376
Grow a sack or let nature exterminate you
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.