[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which of these degrees should I pick?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
In Australia. All cost the same.
>Commerce/IT
>Commerce
>Information Systems
>Computer Science
>Science
>Information Technology
>IT Security

Goal is to make ez money while sitting on my ass at a computer or someshit
>>
>>1247584
Bumping bc I want to know too
>>
>>1247905
IT is huge atm but commerce will safely land you a job
>>
i heard IT gets easily outsourced to poo-in-loo, hope im wrong tho
>>
>>1247943
I feel that is more HelpDesk stuff though. Other aspects are harder to outsource
>>
>>1247584
I am in Electrical Engineering Technology

>>1247943
I looked into possibly getting a bunch of Certs, but I consistently kept seeing even help desk jobs requiring to much experience.
Is it possible to get out of the Experience/Degree required/preferred slump
>>
>>1247962
Do you know anything about MIS?
>>
>>1247969
Management Information Systems?
No I am more on the hardware side of things. I use digital multimeters, some soldering (Not much practice), and oscilloscopes

Problem is without a degree or some obscure hard to get certificate and having experience, all of what I said hasn't gotten me any jobs
>>
>>1247981
Alright bc I have a couple friends going into EE. I really want to know more about my major bc my school doesnt really mention it in the slightest and I'm worried its a throwaway degree but many places say its pretty good
>>
>>1247584
you can get ez money in virtually any field sitting on a computer. unless you start mastering a skill that is extremely rare and still useful, you're always going to need to be a supervisor to be comfy though. don't worry about the degree, tech security or data science are probably the safest but focus on finding all the relevant companies in the place that you want to live and pursue them all for internships and people who can mentor you/give advice. i would only give a shit about school at all if it was inherently tied to industry like biochem or law. nobody in the tech world will give a shit what you did in school beyond what the school was called.
>>
>>1247584
whichever maintains all the autonomous worker bots.
>>
>>1247584
Computer Science is better than all those other IT degrees. CS will be more favorable than the rest of them.

So it's really a decision of Commerce/IT, Commerce or Com Sci
>>
>>1247584

choose whatever seems most boring. That will generate the most money and will turn out not boring at all.
>>
I did CS in Australia. It's only worthwhile if you're actually motivated and good at the subject. There's also very few jobs in Australia that actually require CS-level skills.

If my goal was easy money I'd probably do Commerce/IT.
>>
>>1248532
This.
>>1247584
Couple a quantitative/technology degree with commerce. Lots of benefits if you are willing to put in the time/extra 8k each year you are there longer

1. Less boring as you will take very different subjects that keep uni fresh
2. If you end up not wanting to work in your commerce major you can go to the technical side or vise versa
3.Commerce/Engineering here. Commerce is really boring and you don't feel like you are learning anything imo, I know lots of commerce students that dropped out because it is so dry.
4. Employees will appreciate your quantitative skills. Big finance hire engineers and CS people at undergraduate level, however, you won't touch quant stuff, that is reserved for PhD in physics or other shit like that.
5.So many retards get commerce degrees. Stand out.

What uni?
>>
>>1248563
deakin burwood, probably gonna do comp sci wouldnt mind going back to uni after a few years to get more qualificqations
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.