[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying a Job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 700x569) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 700x569
How do you go about buying a job? I want to be employed full time and have the money to offer to any company looking to hire people. I have a master's degree.
>>
Find a franchise you'd like to work in.
>>
>>1246570
why not just offer to work for free in the trial period?
then work really hard and when they are hiring ask for a low sum.
they will feel really clever and not so suspicious.
>>
>>1246570
I managed to get an email after inquiring about an internship. I'm not sure how legit it is though, if you have the money and go through with it do report back please.
>>
>>1246797
Thank you for applying to the Equity Analyst Internship training and mentoring program.

I work with Wall Street Career Consulting, a career consulting services company for professionals seeking finance internships and jobs. We partner with Wall St firms to provide a mutual benefit to our partner firms and professionals seeking to learn vital Wall St finance skills, practice those skills on live projects with Senior Analysts, and to augment his/her resume with an internship that has proven to open doors at top banks and asset management firms.

For the Equity Analyst Internship training and mentoring program, our client is Blue Diamond Advisory, a NYC-based investment banking and advisory firm. You will be trained on live projects and perform DCF modeling (discounted cash flow), precedent transaction and comparable company modeling, competitive landscape analysis, sensitivity analysis tables, analyze company filings, among others.

Blue Diamond's Wall Street veterans will also work with you to revise your resume, cover letter and LinkedIn page, allowing you to gain a competitive advantage among your peers.

As an illustration, I attached one of the DCF versions you would be working with and a sample resume that includes the bullet points an intern would add to his/her resume upon completion.

The total cost of the 6-week internship training program is $1,450, and there are options to do longer than 6 weeks. We offer a 3-day trial period that allows you to be trained and initiate your first project, and commensurately see the value of such training. For the 3-day trial period, $50 is required before the period and the balance is due when you opt to continue the program.

Howard Linker
Wall Street Career Consulting
401 Park Avenue South, 10th floor
New York, NY 10016
(646) 460.6218
[email protected]
>>
Buy a franchise.
>>
File: sensible_chuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensible_chuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>1246570
>offering the company money for a job
You have that backwards, my man
>>
>>1246801
I live in Canada, so please shed some light on this Americans.
Do companies actually require you to pay to have a chance for an internship or is this a scam?
As far as I've seen, every internship has been free as they should be, but is this a new trend or do these "consulting companies" wet their beaks in this?
>>
>>1247863
its a scam
>>
>>1247863

>paying for internships

Absolutely not. Companies are already getting you for free.
>>
Slip the HR person $500 cash
>>
>>1247974
Exactly, I just thought that there may have been a trend starting where idiots actually do pay for them for some reason.
Good to know it's just a scam, and whoever does pay deserves it.
>>
>paying for a job
>paying for an internship
You're taking wagecuckery to an entirely new level.

I secured my job a few months after starting by buying some shares in my company when they were increasing capital, the boss really appreciated my attitude apparently and later gave me a raise because he saw me as a motivated and invested in the company despite my productivity being shit.
>>
>>1247979
There ARE idiots who pay for them. That why you still see a bunch of pyramid scheme type bullshit saying things like "if you buy this $1000 package, you will be well on your way to sell a WHOLE bunch of stuff for us!!!"
>>
>>1247977
This actually seems like the more reasonable and potentially fruitful course of action.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.