[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chart analysis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Is chart analysis more than just drawing lines in order to show an outcome that you desire?
I don't really get it. Especially when I look at those of the experts that have at the end an arrow that goes down and the other one up.
>>
>>1246224
economics for dummies.
come back after that
>>
>>1246224
99% of chart analysis is a waste of time and counter-productive. But 1% of them is as accurate as weather forecasting from a meteorologist.
>>
>>1246224
It's a form of technical analysis. Another form of technical analysis is flipping a coin - if heads, buy; if tails, sell.
>>
>>1246230
>>1246605
You guys are just too dumb, will never comprehend the complexity therefor you say it's a meme.

It's not, technical indicators such as RSI, MACD, A/D line show periods of highly overbought or highly oversold. Makes entering positions clearer.

Moving averages MA, EMA and SMA show the stocks current performance in respect to past performance, so you can predict where it will go.
They do help, especially when divergences occur on the oscillators.
Look up Paul tudor Jones or Richard Dennis

They use technical and it's proven to work

Stop being faggots out of your own ignorance
>>
>>1246648
>whats occams razor
>whats a black swan
>whats the allied capital
>whats constitution of the indeterminable into a function
>what is not being predictable because you perform by said function
>these few guys made it work
> the 99% who do it perform worse than the SP 500 by average
>but its ok because few make it work so its legit
I too calculate my stock performance with a TA. It constitutes of an ouijaboard, a bad dragon anal plug, McAfee approved bath salts and a liter of Heinz ketchup. My results are pretty nice, 50/50. Either im wrong or im right, I am so happy i have those stops in place though. I only lose 15% when im wrong. Too bad Nokia dropped, i have no idea, someone said the quarterly reports came in and they bought alcatel so turning a profit was impossible. But thats not what my Technical Analysis said, so to cover my losses ill be sucking 200 more dicks this weekend. Its not bad, after GNC dropped i had to suck 350 dicks, haha, what a weekend that was!
>>
>>1246224
Knowledge of technical chart analysis will get you employed in the energy biz. Lack of said knowledge will have you telling everyone in a real estate license class that you used to be an energy "trader". From an EDF energy trader job ad.

Main Responsibilities
• Develop and execute trading strategies based on fundamental & technical analysis
• Coordinate and execute physical optimization activity within the region
• Make physical markets for internal and external customers
• Manage proprietary physical positions utilizing available physical and financial products
• Identify arbitrage opportunities supported by asset positions
• Identify and procure strategic assets that support the growth of a broad trading strategy
• Utilize optimal hedging tools for managing various risk on the trading desk
• Contribute to fundamental analysis and trading strategy discussions with regional gas and power desks
• Coordinate with origination and business development teams to identify, negotiate and implement asset management and asset acquisition opportunities
• Help define and execute optimization trading schemes

https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=EDFTRADING&jobId=140141&source=IN
>>
You know those "lines" just show trends, right? Fucking idiot
>>
>>1246224
I have never heard statistical regression techniques being described as "chart analysis", but yeah it's a little bit more objective then "randomly drawing lines". I mean it is statistics so there are always a couple of subjective decisions that you have to make about your model, but from there on out it's exact indisputable math. It's not an exact science, but in the big wibbly wobbly scheme of economics, it's pretty much the closest you are going to get to a factual statement.
>>
I did a MA of 5days 10 days and 50 and 100 days
>>
>>1247577
if the share price hugs the 5 days line and the 50 day line isbelow it (in the time frame of a few weeks) this means its time to buy I think?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.