[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is probably not the exact board for this but still it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1431994802651.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1431994802651.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
this is probably not the exact board for this but still it's the closest

i live in the third world, in some country that restricts foreign currency transactions, which means the only way i can buy/sell local currency is through the black market

i found a programming job in which some people are going to pay me some us dollars, and i need a way to put that money to my name. i don't need local currency right now to just having it to my name and being able to eventually change it to local currency (eventually here means i can wait many months before until i come up with something) is good enough for me right now. i'm thinking about using paypal but i worry that my potential employers might do something weird like ask paypal for a refund after they pay me.. so what would be the best way to protect myself from that?

also tips on living in a hyperinflationary economy with foreign currency restrictions would be great, if any come to mind
>>
bumping this once
>>
bitcoin
>>
>>1246132
Where do you live that restricts foreign currency transactions, because the only country I've heard of doing this is north korea. OP are you from the NK?
>>
>>1246266
no, venezuela. it's hard to buy foreign currency. it's mostly done in the black market

i think a lot of countries do this, right? argentina had similar restrictions until not too long ago..
>>1246253
that's tricky, as my employer would have to agree to deal with bitcoins
>>
>>1246511
Leave that commie shithole, bro.

Only thing I could think of is having a bank account in a somewhat "free" country, concerning banking.

In other words, you could try to do it just like you'd try to evade taxes.

Are the people paying you from Venezuela as well?
>>
>>1246545
no, it's some people in the us

i'm still an undergraduate student. i might leave when i'm done with that
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.