[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Investing student loans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Penguins.jpg (760 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760 KB, 1024x768
Hey /biz/

I've got acces to a very cheap goverment student loan ~ €750,- a month at 0.01% interest a year but i don't need it so i don't use it atm.

The terms of the loan state that:
>you have to pay off the loan in 35 years
>interest can vary but will be relatively low
>you can redeem the whole loan at once if you have the money without extra fines
>you have to pay a maximum of 4% of your current income

I know it will affect what mortage i can get and if i just put it in the bank inflation will eat my money away. I want to invest the money in a way with not too much risk to gain 3-4% a year. However i dont know much about investing.

I'm thinking of contacting a financial advisor about this but first i would like to know what /biz/ thinks about this. After all it's money i don't have so any tips and advise would be welcome.
>>
>>1246131

>not too much risk to gain 3-4% a year

I guess some bonus fund?
>>
>>1246131
>thinking of contacting a financial advisor about this
kek
>>
>>1246131
>Contacting an advisor on what's almost certainly fraud
You deserve to get vanned if you think that's a good idea.
>>
>>1246157

I've checked you are totally free to spend that money on whatever you want. Most students use it for vacations or their rooms. Some even used it for their mortage because its a cheaper loan.

Well at least this helped me of the financial advisor idea.
>>
>>1246140
Thanks i'm certainly going to look if that's a viable option. Any advice about if using the loan for this is a good idea in the first place?
>>
>>1246131
hey OP,

I guess you're from the Netherlands. I'm doing the same and hope to have about 30-40k at the end of college.
Not sure what to do with it either. It doesn't have to affect your mortgage by the way, since you don't have a 'BKR registratie', you're not obliged to say you have a student loan..
>>
>>1247655

Yeah i'm from the netherlands. But you just leave it in the bank? That would mean u lose about 1% a year why would you do that?
>>
>>1248043
for now, yeah. The interest rate at my bank is a little bit higher than DUO's rate so I do make some money out of it but it' negligible. I really don't know what to do with it yet. I don't want to do risky investments with it since it's borrowed money. Might buy some state bonds but I'm not sure yet..
>>
>>1248043
>>1249151
Ik zit in dezelfde situatie, 2e jaar MBO, 8k opgespaard en wil het investeren maar geen idee waar ik moet beginnen.
>>
>>1249265
Aangezien je geen BKR registratie hebt kun je het uiteindelijk altijd gebruiken om een deel van je huis te financiëren.
Mocht je ooit een huis kopen dan hoef je dit deel niet meer tegen een hogere rente te lenen.
>>
>>1249280
I meant you'll lose about 1% due to inflation. But now i'm thinking you'll almost certainly win that money back when you're going to loan money for a mortage.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.