[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, mates. Me and some people (we are mostly stem students) have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Ok, mates.
Me and some people (we are mostly stem students) have considered making a self sustainable community in a secluded piece of land one of us has.
Now we are starting to talk numbers.
How much would it cost to house ~100-150 people?
Hydroponics and energy facilities included?
>>
calculate your cost and multiply that by 150
>>
>>1246100
Depends on location.

Central london or malawi?
>>
>>1246100
depends i would pull stats how much refugee camps cost per capita. that should provide the baseline.
>>
>>1246117
They are stem students, multiply it buy 20 then buy 5 then you have your final minimum amount.
>>
>>1246100
>How much would it cost to house ~100-150 people?

Should be the first thing you should know. I also advise you to get an architect since this is more their field than yours.
>>
>>1246110
Are people this stupid?
>>
No one can give you an estimate without details, that's crazy. Give out some reasonable info and maybe you can get something, but we're not doing your whole plan for you.
>>
>>1246100
zero dollars cause youll never get through the sea of red tape the government hogties you with. Which is good, because you're a bunch of idiot engineers who think everything will work out just the way you drew it up on paper, but cant even lift a shovel, let alone build a 150 person deathcamp
>>
If you actually want to do this. make a charter town with the government and get investors to fund it.
>>
>>1246866
>150 person deathcamp
kek
>you're a bunch of idiot engineers who think everything will work out just the way you drew it up on paper, but cant even lift a shovel
where does this meme coming from i know plenty engineers that can do a lot of physical work know how to build or weld or wire as they have been doing it a lot.
>>
>>1246975
It comes from field guys. No solution engineers draw up is easy to install I think thats it
>>
>>1246975
No you dont
>>
>>1246100
Youll fail - well youll fail if youre talking commune , if you farm and sell things you might do well
>>
>>1247308
are you retarded? i work at a firm that employs basically 75 engineers. we have like 5 technicians for the really shit or really specialized manual jobs but all the rest is done by the very engineers that draw the shit up.
>>1247220
>It comes from field guys.
yeah we have an old dude that always rolls his eyes and says "engineers!" when he doesn't like something. the thing is i have seen him drill a hole in a wall or at least try to i'm a software dev but even i could tell he is doing it wrong. he tried to use a metal drill with a battery powered little screwdriver on a brick wall and almost fell off the little boy he stepped on. basically it was a display of utter incompetence and ignorance. but the guy is very opinionated about engineers and their silly ways.
>>
>>1247517
*little box
kek
>>
>>1247517
>i'm a software dev
>engineering
>wanting to build a self-sustainable habitat for 150 people
>KEKEKEK

get a fucking architect to make you a project and a cost estimate and decide how you want to finance it, everything else is just throwing your money on edginess.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.