[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dont lie to yourself.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1462319784160.jpg (137 KB, 740x493) Image search: [Google]
1462319784160.jpg
137 KB, 740x493
How much of your job is worthwhile? Are you actually valuable to your community in any way? To humanity?

I keep tracing people, their connections/friends/biz networks and keep finding lots of loops, dead ends, and honeypots. I am genuinely sad. The american worker is a meme.
The worst part about growing up is realizing your childhood cynicism was well founded and if 2/3 of earth died it wouldnt matter.
>>
>>1244771
Hey dipshit you realize that doesn't hold any bearing on this right?

How much of your work is fluff? Whats the bf% of your job?

Are you a hamplanet? Because that weak attempt at humor reaks of fatass.
>>
>>1244769
Nope

I work at a bank and we basically operate by fucking people over with interest and suckling the teat of the fed
>>
>>1244958
Yeah because you exchange your time lying about having a gf and a huge inheritance on the internet instead.

Enjoy fucking your hand tonight.
>>
>>1244769
Why should I care how worthwhile my job is? I only care about how much my paycheck is.
>>
>>1244977
Cmon man, still waiting to hear all about that wide array of fields you have a vast knowledge in, and all the exotic places you've visited, but have limited to only a few countries as of late because you're full of shit.
>>
>>1244986
I just recently visited this board for the first time yesterday because I was interested in learning about some stocks. From what I've been able to gather, everyone on this board in a whiny little faggot who blames all their problems on society, thus why you get away with playing your pathetic game of pretending you're some super enlightened NEET, because nobody has ever called you out on your bullshit before.
>>
>>1245009
All you've done it seems is promote a culture of cancer and laziness by glamorizing NEET life by fabricating all this bullshit about having a gf, and travelling all around the world.

You probably live with your parents, and they subsidize your living expenses. The life that you described in a complete fantasy. No girl would ever want to date a guy who sleeps in all day and shitposts on a anime imageboard.

You could easily disprove any of my assertions about you making all this up if they were true, but fact is, you can't.
>>
>>1244769
I like my job.

>Do I contribute to society

I don't know, I work for a college newspaper, and next semester I'm going to start writing regular opinion pieces expressing a classically liberal or what people today call a conservative viewpoint, I think that might make a difference.
>>
>>1244769
My job is critically important to most of America's finances. If I and my co-workers all died in a terrible car accident one day the world wouldn't stop turning but it would soon cause issues that perhaps 10-25% of Americans would notice.

I don't feel my work is very hard, but I've seen a lot of people come and go in my line of work who do terribly at it and many of my coworkers seem to struggle with what I find simple. So is it a honeypot? It feels like one but some days I'm not sure. We do real work though... sometimes.
>>
>>1245009
>frogposters in charge of board development
Yea nah. You've been here 3 months tops. Kill yourself.

>>1245111
This is valid. You provide a service that people actually rely on to survive.
>>1245084
This is only valid if you put the work in to be fair. It's easy to pick sides, the mental leap is shorter and the paycheck tends to be bigger. You have a responsibility that gets shitcanned the first day of employment with most writers. Do it right anon
>>
>>1245111
That 'sometimes' is what I'm getting at. If a car worked 'sometimes' would you not value it drastically differently? How can anyone invest in America when it's critical parts are rusted and worn?
>>
>>1244769

circa 10000 BC:

>Is hunting the deer really worthwhile?
>Sure the deer tastes good, but what about the bigger picture
>What if I got it all wrong??
>I should've told my dad to suck it and went it to cave painting school to live out my real dream
>He's a berry gatherer, it's not like he doesn't have enough food for both of us
>Fuck you dad
>>
>>1244769
Thats specifically why I became a nurse but I was young and working under the false premise of 9-5 until 64

If i'd had some foresight I would have chosen a more soul sucking but financially rewarding career because you can do a lot more good as a financially independant early retiree working with charities etc than a single nurse can do
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.