[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beginner thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
I had interest in investment for some time now..

Any tips? Good books for absolute beginner?
What apps are u using? Android apps.
Any lessons you learned that proved very useful?
>>
Buy ethereum
>>
>>1244528
buy groupon
>>
>>1244528
$dwti, you'll make easy 5-10% on Monday
>>
>>1244528
To answer your questions directly...

I'm not sure what the best book to start is.

A Random Walk Down Wall Street is probably the best. After that, you can read more technical books. Reading market news might help but don't rely on it after you learn the basic. It's mostly shilling desu.

Apps: We use Robinhood for 0 fee investing/trading.

Lessons: There's some good videos on Youtube but a lot of shit ones. I use... Shiller Financial Markets Course & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzuOtDLwS_I&index=5&list=PL99294BEF8BCC1F0B#t=6.338073
>>
biggerpockets.com has a great beginners guide
>>
>>1244528
>Any tips? Good books for absolute beginner?
www.investopedia.com <-- general information
www.finviz.com <-- stock screener
google and yahoo for stock prices and links to news articles.
That's all from the top of my head. I haven't read any books on this subject so i'll leave that to someone else.

>What apps are u using? Android apps.
I use my local bank (Rabobank) for buying and selling. I wouldn't call them expensive, but compared to something like Interactive Brokers they are. A €3k trade is about €15 in fees. The only real problem i have with them is the inability to buy many smaller companies. I was interested in US Geothermal back in 2015 when it was $0.52. It's now worth $0.76.

>Any lessons you learned that proved very useful?
Diversify among different sectors and don't make risky bets. Only invest money that you don't need for the next 10+ years and keep some savings for when shit goed bad, etc.

There's nothing really specific that i can teach you. Also whether you decide on buying an index fund or pick investments yourself, just make sure you have done your research and can handle the amount of risk you have exposed yourself to.
>>
File: 1423346814250.jpg (9 KB, 224x300) Image search: [Google]
1423346814250.jpg
9 KB, 224x300
>>1244528
>Any lessons you learned that proved very useful?

dont listen to /biz/
>>
>>1244611
>>1244610
>>1244596
thank you.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.