[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's up /Biz/, Any of you managers, or have people report
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: employee award.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
employee award.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
What's up /Biz/,

Any of you managers, or have people report to you in general?

Who are your favorite employees, and why? What makes them your favorite?

I'm not looking for things such as "She has big tits" or "Her ass is amazing" but rather specific qualities or habits that employee has and thus makes them a good employee. Consistency? Speed and accuracy? New ideas? Or just shut up and work?
>>
>>1243904
I work as a manager, technically GM, at a fast food chain (Papa John's) during the summer when I'm not at school. I love anybody who does work beyond what I ask them or anybody who just seems like (they don't really have to be) enthusiastic about their job.

If I'm with somebody who is consistently doing more than I ask or somebody who I don't have to constantly tell them what to do: I fucking love them. Those are the kind of people who I make sure see a pay raise in the near future. Those are the kind of people who I schedule for as many hours as they're comfortable with. They're definitely who I add a few hours onto their time log at the end of the day, compared to the douchebags whom I take some time off their time logs.
>>
>>1243913
Can you be specific with your examples? So, doing extra like what? Cleaning the bathrooms more often than necessary? Knowing a routine for busy traffic?

What do the other guys do that pisses you off?
>>
>>1243904
I lead a team of data entry clerks. The best employees were the ones that asked questions if they didn't understand how to do something instead of doing it wrong, wrote down notes when I taught them procedures and offered to help out team mates when they noticed a person was swamped. They were also generally just cool people to shoot the shit with during "meetings"
>>
People who i can rely on to do what they say they're going to do WHEN they say they're going to do it.

Nothing worse than organising labor for a job and having someone say they're doing it, having a client ring up asking if the jobs done only to find out your guy had been dragging his feet.
Then you have to bullshit the client, you have other jobs to do, quotes to put out or you have to put your own jobs on hold to do it yourself.

Hate depending on other people. Do what you said you were going to do
>>
>>1243916
So i've been drinking since I got off. My ramblings might need to be with a grain of salt.

My two drivers that I had tonight (A and B), were basically polar opposites. A came in early and immediately got to work (most likely washing dishes). I didn't really have to direct him at all & whenever I did, he got right to it. B, on the other hand, arrived about a minute before he was scheduled and didn't do shit until I told him to. When he was directed towards the menial jobs which he was required to do, he responded with attitude before doing them. Without direction, his whole day would consist of very little work.

Basically, just keep looking for new shit to do. Don't wait for your manager to direct you to it. Have an outward appearance of enthusiasm.

Every place you work is going to be different, but it really changes how you get treated. While most wagecucks don't bend the rules, several do. Tonight, I changed shit so A appeared to start working several hours earlier than he actually did while B appeared to come late to work.
>>
>>1243935
Interesting insight, thanks. On another note, aren't you afraid of getting fired? I mean, won't B notice that hey, I'm coming in on time but I keep getting put late?
>>1243932
Makes sense.
>>1243923
Would you say socializing a lot is necessary to be considered a "good" worker? Like, can someone always decline hanging out with you guys after work, but still be a solid guy?
>>
>>1243942
I'm not really too worried about it. I'm really the only one whom B can voice complaints towards besides corporate, who cares even less. If it happens like it always does, B will just eventually quit and my job'll become much easier.
>>
Sure. Few years ago I was an assistant manager of about 20 people, 3 I was directly overseeing. I can't get too much into detail about the job for identify reasons but it was a summer camp.

>Favorite employees
Followed through with me after something was done, that way I know it's taken care of and I don't have to waste my time checking if they didn't follow through.

Volunteered for shit jobs. A lot can happen over the summer, such as a kid shitting on a toilet instead of in a toilet, so obviously someone has to clean it up. People who promptly volunteered after I asked for some were highly regarded. And they followed through right after.

Another big thing was keeping character in check. A lot of people might try hard to be the more popular person, form cliques, bang each other, and so on. The better workers were honest, humble, and stayed out of shit like spreading rumors or drinking/smoking weed. It's a fucking kids camp for fuck's sake, be degenerate all you want when the season's over.

Also people who went out of their way to make them (literally) happy campers. High enthusiasm, didn't show signs of personal problems if they had any, put others before themselves.

Also generally showing up early, clean, and not trying to brownnose help in the long run.

Wanna know what made shitty employees shitty? Worst person I've had to work with exemplifies all of this, I'm surprised we never fired them.
>consistently late and looking messy
>constantly mentioning possibility of quitting
>crying (mostly fake) when issued warnings
>fucking around with lifeguarding equipment if at the beach instead of watching kids
>not following through on anything
>not notifying me or boss of program schedule changes which results in pissy campers
>whining and having attitude when assigned something
>swearing on the job
>talking nonstop
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.