[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /biz/ I have a business idea where I would effectively be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_2842.jpg (123 KB, 960x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2842.jpg
123 KB, 960x900
Hey /biz/

I have a business idea where I would effectively be the middleman. However, what's to stop distributors from just stealing people and not cutting me in on the profits?

I used Lyft for a semester where a guy who drove me a few times asked me if I wanted him to come pick me up at the same time every day. I usually paid between $5-$8 and he said he'd drive me for $5. Worked out great for me. What's to stop other people from doing that?

There are a lot of successful middlemen businesses. Grubhub is worth $1.7 billion as of right now. How haven't they been taken over by competition?
>>
>>1243794
I was thinking.... why is that old white guy named Jamal? Shutup, its late.
>>
>>1243798
kek
>>
>>1243794
I worked for the city and we used their lawn equipment to mow peoples lawns for cash during the reg work day lel
>>
anyone else wanna take a swing?
>>
Retail as a business before the internet was where everyone operated as a middle man of sorts. Each one taking part of the chain if it was possible for him to profit off of it. Now in the age of the Internet, where customers can directly order from the factories in China, those days are likely over.

As for your middleman opportunity, most people don't do it because they don't see a need to, or they don't want to upset the current balance they have now. That said, you're not the only one with the idea, or you won't be the only one. If you can broker between two parties, then someone will compete with you as well once they get news.
>>
>>1243798
>>1243799
I read it as the other way around boys
>>
>>1243794
When you're rolling in dosh it doesn't really matter that the odd people cut out the middleman.

They still need the middleman for new/safe connections.
>>
File: IMG_3188.jpg (100 KB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3188.jpg
100 KB, 1080x608
Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Since the distributor would be shipping the materials what's to stop them from just adding a little note with the stuff offering to supply directly for cheaper?

Here are some boobs for your troubles.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.