[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What fields and careers are safe from the coming AI and automation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 480x360
What fields and careers are safe from the coming AI and automation take over?

I'm getting an bachelor in math and I don't know what to specialize/get a master in. How will statistics or finance be affected by AI for example?

Is compsci truly still a meme or is machine learning the way to go?
>>
>>1242133
General AI is just a meme science that has literally seen no real progress in 50 years.

Machine learning is only a threat to specialized tasks that aren't broadly critical and don't require any real dynamism.
>>
>>1242158
no
>>
>>1242160
Yes. Everything you see to the contrary is just smoke and mirrors and marketing ploys. Hard AI is just a pipe dream at this point.
>>
>>1242133

Google "the future of employment". There's an Oxford article that ranks each profession according to likelihood of computerisation.
>>
>>1242191
I've seen this list I think. It's very hokey. It ranks computer programmer as high risk but software developer as low risk.
>>
File: Untitled.png (476 KB, 1382x639) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
476 KB, 1382x639
>>1242133

None.

Even surgeons will be unemployed in 10 years

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2016-05/05/autonomous-robot-surgeon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyqN5u-zKCA
>>
>>1242133
people that design make deliver install configure test and maintain the automated systems will have plenty of jobs.
>>
>>1242230
well that's pretty interesting. they want to imply the future off software development is not to program but i don't know talk to your mouse?

https://youtu.be/LkqiDu1BQXY?t=1m8s
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.