[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Market Trading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1456727182879.jpg (16 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
1456727182879.jpg
16 KB, 230x300
Explain to me like I'm 5.

I have some questions though.
>Once you buy a share, how long can you hold onto it? Would tax fuck me over?
>Can you still sell a share during after hours once the market has been closed?
>>
>>1241973
>as long as the company exists as a public entity. no.
>no
>>
>>1241973
>Once you buy a share, how long can you hold onto it? Would tax fuck me over?

hold it as long as you like, so long as you own it outright not buying it on margin with interest payments to make then no reason why you can't own if for as long as the company or and successor company still exists

tax is due on any gains when you sell it and any dividend income you receive

>Can you still sell a share during after hours once the market has been closed?
yes, shares aren't just traded on the major public exchanges, you can trade after hours on ECNs... there is also nothing stopping you from simply selling the shares to a friend privately and filling out a stock transfer form
>>
>>1242182
>hold it as long as you like
further to this my Nana had a bunch of shares, she held the physical certificates in her house and had held some of them for decades, they'd send her cheques in the post. We had to mail them to a broker to liquidate.
>>
I got a question
>is it feasible to do day trading with just $3000?
>If i want to just make 100~150 bucks a day, is it doable if i dont go full retard with the 3k?
>Robinhood reliable platform?
>>
>>1242206
in the US? not really - there are rules over there whereby you need $25k in order to daytrade, without that you'll only be able to do a handful of trades within a set period of time before your broker limits your account for breaching pdt rules
>>
File: poor.jpg (51 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
poor.jpg
51 KB, 612x612
>>1242250
that is for equities, nothing stopping you from trading futures or fx with that amount, though trading futures with only 3k is reckless and for trading fx, with that amount, you'll only have access to bucketshops that are generally a complete rip off

stop being poor basically
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.