[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /biz/raelites. I'm planning on moving my money out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-05-12_00-16-19.png (43 KB, 712x246) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-12_00-16-19.png
43 KB, 712x246
Hello, /biz/raelites. I'm planning on moving my money out of the crappy Bank of America account my parents set up for me years ago, and open a checking account with Fidelity ("Fidelity Cash Management Account"), as well as an Optionhouse account for investing. When I go to open the Fidelity account, it asks if I would like to open a Fidelity Brokerage account at the same time. Should I do it? I want to use Optionhouse for stocks/ETFs/etc., but is there any harm in having a brokerage account with Fidelity, too?
>>
>>1241882
Depends on your trading habits, really.
Hands on to the max? Fuck around with options and short positions? You'll probably like Optionshouse and their low af fees.
Let professionals invest for me? Hold stuff long with the convenience of having my brokerage and checking/ savings in the same bank? Probably Fidelity despite it high minimums and commissions. Just compare the two and decide what fits you best.
>>
if i wanted to ever consider options, id pick optionhouse. but i dont, so i stick with vanguard and schwab. schwab is only for 401k though, admittedly didnt have a choice in broker
>>
>>1241892
>>1241894
I'm definitely going to use Optionhouse, I was just wondering if there was any advantage/disadvantage to opening a Fidelity brokerage account as well.
>>
>>1241913
It won't hurt unless you're that strapped for cash you can't maintain the minimum or it would hurt what your could invest in Optionshouse.
>>
Fidelity has an excellent selection of corporate bonds Ive heard. That's one thing Ive found lacking in the budget brokerages
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.