[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have a job interview tomorrow for a banker position at a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1462673033707.jpg (18 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1462673033707.jpg
18 KB, 499x499
So I have a job interview tomorrow for a banker position at a small community bank, I'm 19 and I've only worked in places like Kohl's and Winn-Dixie, I have my HS diploma.

My 3rd interview with them is tomorrow morning, could you guys give me any tips or advice when going through an interview for a financial institution like a bank?

Also what should I expect out of being a banker?
>>
Don't goof
>>
>could you guys give me any tips or advice when going through an interview for a financial institution like a bank?

Emphasis on how selling/service skills from your previous jobs will apply to the current position.

>Also what should I expect out of being a banker?

Sales. Growing deposits/loans and making referrals to partners.
>>
>>1241813
What bank? Every banker position ive looked at requires at least a year in a fin institution.
>>
>>1241835
OP is interviewing at a small local bank. Their hiring standards are going to be more lax vs a Chase or a Citi.

At larger banks, a typical career start is teller -----> banker
>>
>>1241813
you're going to need at least $5000 for your outfit visit /fa/ for more help
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-dress-the-part-on-wall-street-2013-8
>>
worked at a hometown bank for almost a year. be sure you leave the impression that you're calm and dependable. don't worry so much about learning the work cos you'll get it eventually. the most important thing in an entry level banking position is just being responsible. don't worry it too much, bro, good luck
>>
>>1241813
>3rd interview
What the fuck?
I've done two at the most, three?
People really do this?
>>
>>1241813
Wear a nice clean polo shirt. Be tactful and smile a lot, but dont be a fake faggot. Say you look forward to learning a lot and that you look forward to growth within the bank. It's a low wage job where they're going to teach you shit, so as long as you aren't completely autistic they will hire you. Just relax and be friendly and optimistic.

If they address you by first name, return it.
If they say hello "Mr." Anon, return it.

It's just a teller job, shit will be easy.
>>
>>1241813
>banker
you mean a teller?
>>
How did you hear about this job, OP?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.