[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have a Chase credit card that I got when I was 18 because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: chase-1040cs030912.jpg (121 KB, 1040x772) Image search: [Google]
chase-1040cs030912.jpg
121 KB, 1040x772
So I have a Chase credit card that I got when I was 18 because it was the first offer sent to me. It had a limit of $900, which was increased to $1200 after a few months of usage and on-time payments. I never bothered to increase it cause I don't keep any revolving debt and rarely put that much on it. Since then I've had other credit card cards that I've used, with lower interest rates, so the Chase card got thrown in a drawer and ignored; I've only kept the account open because it's my oldest credit history. I've since gradually cancelled the rest of my cards in favor of the Amazon Rewards Visa I got a couple years ago, with a $4500k limit and a 13% interest rate.

I got a letter in the mail for 0% promo APR for 6 months on the Chase card, which renewed my interest in it, so I pulled it out of the drawer and activated it (I haven't activated the cards in years.) I thought what the hell, may as well call and see if I can get a credit line increase. So I called an asked, and the guy asked me what I wanted to increase it to, and wouldn't tell me the maximum. When they asked the reason I told them I just wanted to boost my credit score and I know higher limits help with that, which is true, I never spend more than what I can pay on the statement on my cards. I thought $5000 was a safe number, since it's a big jump from $1200 but was only $500 more than my other card and was immediately approved.

Do you think I should I have asked for higher? My income is $30k/yr and my FICO score is 750. Would they have approved $6000, $7000, or more? How much of an increase do you guys typically ask for when you call?
>>
I would've asked for 20k of something reasonable/crazy but then again, I know very little on how credit ratings are determined.
>>
Ask for 10K

I did that with 35k income and a good credit score, that following year they auto-upped it to 16k
>>
Why the fuck do you care about the interest rate on your credit cards? I don't even know the interest rate on any of mine.
>>
>>1241930
Well, I was naive about it back then and thought lowest interest was always better (my stepmom used to brag that she has cards at the prime rate, apparently that existed in boomer times.) Now I focus on rewards since I pay everything off, though, but there aren't any rewards and few useful benefits on this card anyway. It was a Chase Mastercard but they did away with the card I had and converted it to a Slate.
>>
Having a higher limit will lower your utilization %, so it should help. But if you have 750 at $30k I think you're doing well already, probably the biggest thing is length of credit history which you can't really help along.

I wouldn't worry too much about pleasing the credit idols, personally. Just pay off your shit and don't be stupid with money.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.