[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CNN SPECIAL ON OPIATE/PAINKILLER ADDICTION ON NOW GET IN HERE.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 245x266) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 245x266
Dr Drew, who went to a joke state college for undergrad and med, and has killed 13% of his celebrity rehab patients because he denies them access to life saving drugs like methadone, thinks he knows better than thousands of doctors who save 70 percent more people by utilizing methadone. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-heroin/2016/03/04/c5609b0e-d500-11e5-b195-2e29a4e13425_story.html

This is relevant bc i have multiple friends in the investment sphere who were/are pill junkies and some who are on methadone.
>>
I support Dr Drew because he kills more druggies.
>base doctor making our streets safer
>>
>>1241724
I've been to rehab. Methadone sucks if not administered properly, and given with the intent to taper. It's a tool to wean you off, not a substitute. Being on it for life is just retarded. Same goes for suboxin (sp?). But subs have such a long half-life that getting people to kick them is nigh impossible.

All this is pointless, though. As you can never really make someone get clean. They need to want it.
>>
This is not relevant to this board at all.

Since we're here though. I quit heroin cold turkey after having a 1+gram habit a day. Junkies are the biggest pussies i know of. Always crying about being sick and how they can't get off it.

Trying withdrawing from a drug that might actually kill you like benzodiazepines and barbiturates (which i've done). There's some real hell.
>>
Dr. Drew is right. Addicted brains are diseased brains. If you are on methadone... congrats, you're probably not going to die. but you are going to have a shitty quality of life.
total abstinence is the only path to a normal life.
>>
>>1241731
based Dr. Drew says Bill Clinton is an alcoholic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5yepQhRPRM
>>
>>1241743
No one dies from opiate withdrawl anyway it just hurts.

You sandy vaginas should try delirium tremens on for sizr and see whats what
>>
>>1241733
Whats the problem with staying on methadone for life? Im a princeton graduate, i have friends who are lawyers, doctors, published scientists, and architects, who, like me, are all on it, because it doesnt impair you mentally.
In fact, theres evidence it boosts your iq after years of use- see page 11 of this MD PHD paper. http://www.drugpolicy.org/docUploads/meth347.pdf
In case youre lazy, i copied the part you need.
"The first 155 patients to receive methadone doses of 79 mg/d to 100 mg/d tested within the normal range of intellectual functioning (54). There was an absence of patients in the lowest range of IQs. Follow-up testing of 30 patients a decade later showed the following results: 25 scored higher than their original tests, one scored the same, and four showed modest declines within the normal range of scores.
Therefore, the major conclusion of studies concerning the functional potential of methadone patients is that they can perform any job for • which they are qualified. Alcohol and depres- sants are more likely to be a source of problems
for persons who drive or work around machinery than is methadone when used as a maintenance medication."

>>1241731
In light of what i just said, you should probably remove yourself from the human race, to spare us wonder junkies the boredom we would suffer if we ever had the misfortune of having to talk to you. Suicide/rocket ship/submarine, its all the same, just please promise me i will never have to deal with someone as uninteresting as you, ever again in my life, ever... And we will be square. Can you do that for me? Kek
>>
>>1241756
Also meant to say, my professional friends and i are all planning on staying on methadone for life, because the costs pale in the face of the benefits.
>>
>>1241756
>In fact, theres evidence it boosts your iq after years of use
I'd say your interpretation of the data is flawed. It suggests a return to baseline after the impairment of opiates.

If used correctly, it's fine. Do you. But why not taper off? The potential for abuse is what makes me concerned about it. There's literally no downside to tapering off. I've seen people that shot a bundle a day taper clean in a week. It sucks, but it's not the end of the world.
>>
File: image.jpg (976 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
976 KB, 2448x2448
If any of you are getting a glimpse of how diamond coated tier sharp my blade is by the ability i have to burn people as i just have, understand that this ability does not manifest itself "despite" me being on methadone, but rather i would say this ability is "unchained" as a result of me being on methadone.
>>
>>1241764
The most important thing im going to say to you is that you are like a child running through a university physics lecture yelling that einstein was wrong about relativity. Now that i got that out of the way let me explain why.
I have no cravings right now, because im on methadone. But even if i did decide to go buy heroin, it would take ABOUT 1000 (one thousand) dollars woth of heroin to make me od and die, and thats only if i could fit it all in a giant syringe. This is because methadone effectively protects you from overdosing if you do use other opiates (heroin) on top of it.
But what about the guy you think IS SAFER- the guy who got off of opiates and currently has ZERO TOLERANCE?
He is actually not safer. He has a 200 to 300 percent higher chance of dying than me. Why?? Because he will have cravings, unlike me, and these cravings are more likely to drive him to use (heroin etc). And when he does use, as i said before, HE HAS ZERO TOLERANCE, so while it takes 1000$ of heroin to kill me, IT MAY TAKE AS LITTLE AS 1 SINGLE 20$ BAG TO KILL HIM.
So, as i said earlier, you are like a child, and now you see why.
Cheers my good sir
>>
Fucking druggies. You guys have some genetic deficiencies that leads you to not be able to control simple urges. I see it not as a disease but as a result of missing chromosomes. You are one step away from being downies. The majority of drug addicts relapse so I figure instead of spending so much money on getting you "help" we should just put you all out of your misery now. Or just do us a favor and OD now so we dont have to wait for you to die when your organs fail.
>>
>>1241811
Kek. Fucking brutal.
>>
>Dr. Drew

kek, I used to listen to LoveLine with him and Adam Corolla in middle school.
>>
>>1241811
Nope.
Ur inferior to many thousands of junkies who had the mental age you have now when they were 12 years old.
But you dont believe in mental age and all that science stuff.
God loves you, and hes much cooler than ivy league junkies...

Ive got news for you tho anon,,
God checks in on me every day, to see what interesting stuff im thinking about...

And you???

....he doesnt even know you exist.
>>
>>1241817
>>1242006
Hows that for brutal little boy?
>>
Ok so how we going to make a few bucks here - Rx addiction is the new sexy - Narcan is now over the counter. I promise the MDs wil not be cutting the Xanax or Oxy scripts - so what pill is going to magically fix everything and who sells the golden ticket.
>>
>>1241785
>posts on meth
>>
File: 1462977435240.jpg (38 KB, 600x553) Image search: [Google]
1462977435240.jpg
38 KB, 600x553
>tfw trap music ruined codeine

Now its another name drop intoxicant in hiphop. RIP houston purple drank culture.

The funny thing is that everyone used to fuck fun of Texans and other southerners for enjoying it but now everyone is in on the bandwagon.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.