[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I start my job as a server/bartender tomorrow and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: w4.jpg (203 KB, 1437x660) Image search: [Google]
w4.jpg
203 KB, 1437x660
Hey guys, I start my job as a server/bartender tomorrow and I just got my w-4 form. What should I put on this to claim as much money as I can? I have never been good at these and I dont really understand them. Thoughts?
>>
>>1241366
bump
>>
>>1241417
Calm down, this is a slow board.

It really doesn't matter what you claim, your effective taxrate is the same. Look up "2016 tax tables" to find your taxrate. Compare the percentage to what is currently being withheld from each check. Adjust your withholdings accordingly
>>
>>1241424
Thanks for the response. I looked it up and was completely and utterly confused. I am kinda retarded though unfortunately...
>>
>>1241366
Put 1 in 5
Put 0 in 6
Leave 7 blank
>>
>>1241429
what does this mean
>>
>>1241476
The 1 in line 5 claims you as a deduction. You can do 1 or two, but 1 takes out more tax. You can also put zero for them to take out even more tax.

Put 0 in line 6 just means you don't want anymore money coming out of the pay check beyond the previous.

Line 7, you are likely not exempt.
>>
>>1241492
> You can do 1 or two, but 1 takes out more tax.
Why would I do 1 over 2 then?
>>
>>1241572
Because servers rely on tips and you need more tax liability to avoid scrutiny and to take advantage of basic deductions.
>>
>>1241574
Ah that makes sense, so just do normal stuff so they dont have a reason to look into me super hard?
>>
>>1241572
odds are you dont know what youre doing and would likely owe money come april next year
>>
File: tips.png (734 KB, 724x524) Image search: [Google]
tips.png
734 KB, 724x524
>>1241574
What do I do here? I was told by /biz/ not to claim 100%, but here it says I have to. Can you explain what I should do?
>>
>>1241366
Who cares it'll be the easiest money you've ever made in your life just shake your titties and claim half your tips you fucking normie.
>>
>>1241600
So half? Can you explain how one claims? At the end of the day do I tell my boss how much I made? So say I made 50 bucks in tips, tell him I made 25? What if he knows im lieing? Because its at a big golf course he says people tip pretty good
>>
>>1241640
whenever you get back
>>
im still here btw
>>
>>1241587
Are you the fucking shitposter who has made like 10 threads about your fucking serving job?

Just fuck off dude holy shit, how old are you that you need to ask us about every single thing you encounter?

jesus did your mom breastfeed you for too long?
>>
>>1241872
I didnt get breastfed at all, and no i am not the shitposter. I am just a guy looking for help
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.